Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #51
Hoss163
Pope & Young
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
What about schedule LSU will have play 3 possibly 4 top 10 teams and if they lose only to bama only lost to the #1 team in the nation.... one could ask what as Oklahoma done if they also have one lose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is going to beat Oklahoma in that conference is the question? Baylor isn’t that good. And probably will get rolled not once but twice by OU LSU is gonna have to go in unbeaten. Unless The Big 10 doesn’t have a unbeaten in it . You know Clemson doesn’t play anyone. But I agree LSU is definitely one of the 4 best teams in the country.
Hoss163 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #52
SoTXAg06
Ten Point
 
SoTXAg06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Portland, TX
Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
New injuries:


- DB Chris Brown: forearm fracture, will require surgery. Out around six weeks

- WR Collin Johnson: no concussion, but will be further eval'd after helmet-to-helmet hit vs OU

- LB Jeffrey McCulloch: dislocated shoulder, out for Kansas

- LB Juwan Mitchell: sprained elbow



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Texas is getting bit by the injury bug horribly this year. Itís crazy how that happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoTXAg06 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #53
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Dang. The D just got a lot weaker if that were even possible.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #54
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

crept back into the top 10 of pick 'em.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #55
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default College Football 2019 - Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
Who is going to beat Oklahoma in that conference is the question? Baylor isnít that good. And probably will get rolled not once but twice by OU LSU is gonna have to go in unbeaten. Unless The Big 10 doesnít have a unbeaten in it . You know Clemson doesnít play anyone. But I agree LSU is definitely one of the 4 best teams in the country.


Ya i donít see anyone tripping up OU either, but just playing the what if game. Man talk about a hurt that will make you hurt for a longggg time let LSU lose 38-35 to bama end up with one lose and no playoff spot! OOOOOOF!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #56
Hoss163
Pope & Young
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Ya i donít see anyone tripping up OU either, but just playing the what if game. Man talk about a hurt that will make you hurt for a longggg time let LSU lose 38-35 to bama end up with one lose and no playoff spot! OOOOOOF!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yep this is why they need a 8 team playoff because there is usually at least 6 teams that deserve to be in .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoss163 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:14 PM   #57
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #58
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

No need to compare the Texas D nationally, itís abysmal in the Big 12.

Through six games, Texas def ranks:

Big12:
10th in total def
10th in pass def
10th in pass attempts
10th in yards/play
8th in scoring defense
7th in sacks
6th in TFLs
5th in rush defense
5th in opp 3rd down %
5th in red zone def
2nd in passes defended
1st in INT




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #59
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.

Bama wouldnít have won the natty in 2011 if that was the case..... wouldíve been nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #60
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
No need to compare the Texas D nationally, itís abysmal in the Big 12.

Through six games, Texas def ranks:

Big12:
10th in total def
10th in pass def
10th in pass attempts
10th in yards/play
8th in scoring defense
7th in sacks
6th in TFLs
5th in rush defense
5th in opp 3rd down %
5th in red zone def
2nd in passes defended
1st in INT




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's crazy. It should get better after they play TCU lol
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #61
Rush2Judge
Ten Point
 
Rush2Judge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Wood County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
That's crazy. It should get better after they play TCU lol
Every week I tell myself they can't get any worse. The Texas D keeps taking that as a challenge.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #62
Hoss163
Pope & Young
 
Hoss163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Abilene tx
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Oxford hasnít been to good for the Ags even when they had Johnny he had to pull something out of his Azz to beat them there .
Hoss163 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #63
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Bama wouldnít have won the natty in 2011 if that was the case..... wouldíve been nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha. No joke.
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #64
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
No need to compare the Texas D nationally, itís abysmal in the Big 12.

Through six games, Texas def ranks:

Big12:
10th in total def
10th in pass def
10th in pass attempts
10th in yards/play
8th in scoring defense
7th in sacks
6th in TFLs
5th in rush defense
5th in opp 3rd down %
5th in red zone def
2nd in passes defended
1st in INT




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Hornís personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #65
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Hornís personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.
They haven't played the same defense base to start in any of the six games this season, Too many fronts with too much going on. Orlando is starting to come across as a Manny Diaz type. Too many injuries, need to simplify and attack with speed.

As for the offense. The game plan was as dumb as I've seen called, there was nothing Mensa about it and that's all on Tom! He owned it, but I'm not sure what the Hell he was thinking to begin with.
Chad C is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #66
EastTexasMan
Pope & Young
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: East Texas - Pop Up blind & Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.
Well, that's because you've never had one loss in the playoff era to be considered
EastTexasMan is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #67
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
Well, that's because you've never had one loss in the playoff era to be considered
EVER.

2008 comes to mind.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #68
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Bama wouldnít have won the natty in 2011 if that was the case..... wouldíve been nice


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hated that. Y'all basically tied with them.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #69
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I was at the A&M-Bama game on Saturday and must say that the much better team won the game. Aggies could not match Bama's speed especially at the wideouts, secondary or special teams. I have been going to games there since 1974 and will say that there is no doubt that Jimbo has them playing hard, similar to the days of Jackie Sherrill. He needs another class or two before he can compete with the likes of Alabama, Auburn and LSU. While I loved the old SWC, must admit that there is a certain magic in attending games in the SEC and glad that we made the move. Games with over 100,000 in the stands and that many more outside the stadium is crazy.
The Bama-LSU game should be a great one. At this time, I feel while both offenses are going to score, I give the edge to Bama's defense. All of that can change with a few key injuries like Texas is experiencing.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #70
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

I think OU is the 5th best team in the nation. Could they beat one of the top 4? Yes, but i don’t think they are better than anyone ranked ahead of them.

Last edited by oktx; 10-14-2019 at 04:06 PM.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #71
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
I think OU is the 5th best team in the nation. Could they beat one of the top 4? Yes, but the donít they are better than anyone ranked ahead of them.
It worked for you once. Keep trying. lol.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:02 PM   #72
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
Who is going to beat Oklahoma in that conference is the question? Baylor isn’t that good. And probably will get rolled not once but twice by OU LSU is gonna have to go in unbeaten. Unless The Big 10 doesn’t have a unbeaten in it . You know Clemson doesn’t play anyone. But I agree LSU is definitely one of the 4 best teams in the country.
LSU's defense is a concern. They have the talent. But, their scheme in the first half of every game will catch up to them eventually. Alabama's defense isn't as good nor deep as it has been either.

Right now Oklahoma looks like the best team.
Bayouboy is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #73
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Paul,

Do we have new avatars?

Edit: Found it!
Thought I would go old school for you. Think I have only one left to pick and a few weeks for it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
LSU should be ranked No.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
IMO if you lose to someone that's in then you are automatically out. You already had your shot......plus Texas has never gotten shot with one loss. EVER.
That was what I thought.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I hated that. Y'all basically tied with them.
I think they did get a nice Runner-Up Ring.
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:06 PM   #74
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I hated that. Y'all basically tied with them.


Co champions Iím fine with that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #75
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

BAMA has the Third Saturday game against a Tennessee team with renewed spirit. To me the only team with a clear road in is Clemson and OU once they are ranked top four.
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #76
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
Scheme/adjustment issues you think? Hornís personnel are second only to boomer in the conference.
Todd Orlando is trying to build a defense around call matching instead of teaching fundamentals and a base defensive look. Call matching means he is trying to beat the opposing OC's play call with his play call. There is nothing specifically wrong with that, but Texas does not have a base call alignment to fall back on.

What that leads to is players that don't understand exactly what their role is in the defense. Either Orlando sends them on a blitz or they drop back and cover (for the back 7 or 8 guys), but they do so without understanding what their duties are when they see something unfamiliar.

Riley beat Texas by formation and alignment 90% of the downs on Saturday. When you see a linebacker covering CeeDee Lamb, the defensive coordinator just got pantsed. That happened several times.

Anyway, Orlando got pantsed (and this happened several times last year as well). It is hard for the players to be physical and fast if they don't know what to do or where they should be.

Injuries and young players all over the back 7 were also contributory to what went on, but Orlando knew coming in that they were going to be young and inexperienced at CB and LB.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #77
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
It worked for you once. Keep trying. lol.
Dead serious, just like last week. I truly thought Texas would win. I watched them play LSU just like you did. LOL!
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #78
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
LSU's defense is a concern. They have the talent. But, their scheme in the first half of every game will catch up to them eventually. Alabama's defense isn't as good nor deep as it has been either.

Right now Oklahoma looks like the best team.
This is my opinion. Not sure they have the most talent, but they have the best coached team to this point in the season.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #79
Gary Roberson
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

Alabama is not as deep on defense for sure but I am not sure that they are not faster. I was very impressed with the secondary speed and the speed of the two freshman linebackers. While there may not be a first round draft pick in the DL, there are some grown men that look the part and were 4 or 5 star recruits. I look for the front seven to improve as the season progresses as that is what a Saban coached team does.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #80
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
BAMA has the Third Saturday game against a Tennessee team with renewed spirit. To me the only team with a clear road in is Clemson and OU once they are ranked top four.
They will both be top 4 when the first poll comes out barring any hiccup. These polls don't make a flip.....
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #81
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

While I grew up hearing the next game is always the most important, I have noticed a lot of room in the line for avatar challenges for November 9, 2019!
I was expecting set the record.


Well just give me one point over the VOLS.
17ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #82
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

We have Utah Saturday. Last I checked they are favored by 12.5. They have a top 10 defense and top 25 offense. We beat them last year but I will be surprised if we do it this year. Team keeps finding ways to win but it can't happen every weekend.
thegrouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #83
Sharecropper
Ten Point
 
Sharecropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wood County
Hunt In: Backyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
I was at the A&M-Bama game on Saturday and must say that the much better team won the game. Aggies could not match Bama's speed especially at the wideouts, secondary or special teams. I have been going to games there since 1974 and will say that there is no doubt that Jimbo has them playing hard, similar to the days of Jackie Sherrill. He needs another class or two before he can compete with the likes of Alabama, Auburn and LSU. While I loved the old SWC, must admit that there is a certain magic in attending games in the SEC and glad that we made the move. Games with over 100,000 in the stands and that many more outside the stadium is crazy.
The Bama-LSU game should be a great one. At this time, I feel while both offenses are going to score, I give the edge to Bama's defense. All of that can change with a few key injuries like Texas is experiencing.
Adios,
Gary
10 4 . .

It just means more . .
Sharecropper is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #84
doghouse
Pope & Young
 
doghouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Goldthwaite
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Hook'em Horns!
doghouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #85
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouse View Post
We have Utah Saturday. Last I checked they are favored by 12.5. They have a top 10 defense and top 25 offense. We beat them last year but I will be surprised if we do it this year. Team keeps finding ways to win but it can't happen every weekend.
I think Utah is the best coached team in the PAC but their QB is suspect. They are basically TCU West. I think yall gonna take care of business, big game for sure!!!
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #86
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Texas has played 4 top 25 offenses already. They held the #1 offense to 110 yards less than it's season average.

Searching for positives. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-14-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #87
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

LSU ran 48 plays against a highly touted defense and scored 42 points. Not bad.

Florida ran 82.

Geaux Tigahs!
Bayouboy is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #88
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouse View Post
We have Utah Saturday. Last I checked they are favored by 12.5. They have a top 10 defense and top 25 offense. We beat them last year but I will be surprised if we do it this year. Team keeps finding ways to win but it can't happen every weekend.
I am glad to see Herm win. Many... I think maybe you said he would not.
Bayouboy is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #89
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
LSU ran 48 plays against a highly touted defense and scored 42 points. Not bad.



Florida ran 82.



Geaux Tigahs!
Florida ran almost twice as many plays?

Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #90
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young
 
Brock Middlebrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ncs View Post
While I grew up hearing the next game is always the most important, I have noticed a lot of room in the line for avatar challenges for November 9, 2019!

I was expecting set the record.





Well just give me one point over the VOLS.


Go ahead and send mine if you can find the keys to the filing cabinet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #91
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
I am glad to see Herm win. Many... I think maybe you said he would not.
Yes. I was very upset about the hire. I emailed Dr Crow and the AD to express my displeasure. I got emails back from both indicating they had a plan and he would be a good fit. I was wrong. He was one of the better hires of that off season.
thegrouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #92
2Lazy2P
Ten Point
 
2Lazy2P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma
Default

Wife and I will be headed to Austin for our yearly pilgrimage to DKR. We have never been to a home game vs. Kansas. Hook ‘Em!
2Lazy2P is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #93
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Alabama student arrested after allegedly making threats to LSU's Tiger Stadium during Florida game
Keith Farner | 26 minutes ago

A freshman at the University of Alabama is reportedly in the Tuscaloosa County Jail after he allegedly called in a threat to Tiger Stadium during LSUís game against Florida in primetime on Saturday.
Connor Bruce Croll, 19, was booked into jail early Sunday, where records list him as a ďfugitive from justice,Ē the Tuscaloosa News reported. He is being held without bond and is expected to face charges in Baton Rouge. He was arrested by University of Alabama Police. Details were hard to come by on Monday, as neither school explained exactly what happened, but Alabama spokesman Chris Bryant gave a statement to The News on Monday afternoon:


ďWe are aware of the arrest of a UA freshman over the weekend. Threats and pranks can have serious ramifications and necessitate an appropriate response. The university and UAPD are cooperating fully with the investigation, but we cannot provide any additional details on a pending matter.
ďUA will follow its student conduct policies and procedures. The LSU community has always been gracious to us, and we regret these events.Ē
An LSU spokesman declined to comment on a pending investigation.
The warrant or warrants against Croll werenít yet available Monday through the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Courtís office. It is unclear what Croll would be charged with.
Bayouboy is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 09:21 PM   #94
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
They haven't played the same defense base to start in any of the six games this season, Too many fronts with too much going on. Orlando is starting to come across as a Manny Diaz type. Too many injuries, need to simplify and attack with speed.

As for the offense. The game plan was as dumb as I've seen called, there was nothing Mensa about it and that's all on Tom! He owned it, but I'm not sure what the Hell he was thinking to begin with.
Completely agree, had the same Diaz thought Saturday. I think TH gets caught up trying to out think people often rather than just focusing on being the best at what you can do. I don't dislike him but if Sam had not been the qb, he'd probably already be on a pretty hot seat. I do not see the overall player development like I had hoped outside of Duverny.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 09:27 PM   #95
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
Todd Orlando is trying to build a defense around call matching instead of teaching fundamentals and a base defensive look. Call matching means he is trying to beat the opposing OC's play call with his play call. There is nothing specifically wrong with that, but Texas does not have a base call alignment to fall back on.

What that leads to is players that don't understand exactly what their role is in the defense. Either Orlando sends them on a blitz or they drop back and cover (for the back 7 or 8 guys), but they do so without understanding what their duties are when they see something unfamiliar.

Riley beat Texas by formation and alignment 90% of the downs on Saturday. When you see a linebacker covering CeeDee Lamb, the defensive coordinator just got pantsed. That happened several times.

Anyway, Orlando got pantsed (and this happened several times last year as well). It is hard for the players to be physical and fast if they don't know what to do or where they should be.

Injuries and young players all over the back 7 were also contributory to what went on, but Orlando knew coming in that they were going to be young and inexperienced at CB and LB.
Nice breakdown, were you ever a coach? Agree Orlando tries to match calls too much, another name for that is guessing... I would like to see them simplify and play faster but that may be to simple for the Mensa crowd. Good thing is there's no one on the schedule that can match up physically, until they see boomer again.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #96
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
Nice breakdown, were you ever a coach? Agree Orlando tries to match calls too much, another name for that is guessing... I would like to see them simplify and play faster but that may be to simple for the Mensa crowd. Good thing is there's no one on the schedule that can match up physically, until they see boomer again.
Not a coach, but I have buddies that are. The time to install a baseline defense is in the spring. They can make it easier, but they canít teach what they need to know during the season.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2019, 11:47 PM   #97
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
Nice breakdown, were you ever a coach? Agree Orlando tries to match calls too much, another name for that is guessing... I would like to see them simplify and play faster but that may be to simple for the Mensa crowd. Good thing is there's no one on the schedule that can match up physically, until they see boomer again.


Like in 2013 when Mack took the DC gig away from Manny Diaz and Greg Robinson stepped in. They played more base defense and let their athletes make plays vs of being out of position / thinking. Mannyís defense had the same issue with players being in bad positions to make plays and missed a ton of tackles. Hopefully Herman fixes this ASAP.

I still think Herman has several spots he can upgrade on his coaching staff but he believes in continuity vs best available option. I get wanting to be on the same page but he has some weak spots.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 12:01 AM   #98
PYBUCK
Ten Point
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rankin, Tx
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

The hell with continuity. Coach O needed a better offense and he fired his OC and look what is happening. Same with OU defense, new DC and they are much improved from last year. If a better option is out there, Herman needs to realize his job may be on the line and go get who he needs to succeed and that includes starting with a good OC. I think Orlando's defense is ok, injuries are killing them.
PYBUCK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 04:48 AM   #99
Heron
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Baylor losing Johnston is huge, he was their leading tackler and the leader of their defense.
Yep. Game feels like a loss. Costly game, no doubt. Baylor's been very lucky up to last Saturday injury wise. Seemed like only a matter of time. Personally, I figured Brewer would be gone by now but I guess the coaches have kind of put a leash on him.

Last edited by Heron; 10-15-2019 at 04:58 AM.
Heron is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #100
bklem
Ten Point
 
bklem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Comfort
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron View Post
Yep. Game feels like a loss. Costly game, no doubt. Baylor's been very lucky up to last Saturday injury wise. Seemed like only a matter of time. Personally, I figured Brewer would be gone by now but I guess the coaches have kind of put a leash on him.
That #93 DT is a freaking beast. Losing Johnson will hurt.
bklem is online now   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com