Donald Trump is YOUR President.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post

Dude, if your 401k crashed during the Obama presidency you need a new investment strategy.
    Please!!!!! I know democrats who say the stock market tanked under Barry and they voted for the idiot..

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
      Im sure this is how you felt about Obama at this point in his presidency right???
      Yes it is. I didn’t like the man, despised most of his policies, but he was my president. It is what makes America the greatest place on earth, we duly elect our officials and can voice our disapproval. But they are still our duly elected officials

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Are you talking about the 401K crash and $4/gal gas?
        Or how about your health insurance premiums tripling in cost and covering less.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tim, Tim, Tim. Hahah
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
            Or how about your health insurance premiums tripling in cost and covering less.

There are two sides. Ours dropped 300% because we had one person that was really sick.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              There are two sides. Ours dropped 300% because we had one person that was really sick.
              That goes against conventional wisdom and you know it. The vast majority of Americans have been financially harmed by it but you want to raise your hand and say it helped me. That not good policy and you know it and if you don't you should.

Comment

It is called pooling of groups. Should have been allowed before, but it wasn't legal. Yeah it helped. So did being able to keep my son on my policy till 26.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Please!!!!! I know democrats who say the stock market tanked under Barry and they voted for the idiot..
                  Can you define tanked? The stock market went up almost 150% while Obama was in office. I mean come on dude.

Comment

How many times have we covered this. There are some exceptions, such as a couple of things Nixon pulled, but for the most part economic cycles are not controlled by presidential politics. It doesn't stop them from taking credit or shedding blame. BTW Stock market charts above seem accurate.

Comment

Can you define tanked? The stock market went up almost 150% while Obama was in office. I mean come on dude.
                      You are a great American and Obama is just as proud of you as you are of him.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                        How many times have we covered this. There are some exceptions, such as a couple of things Nixon pulled, but for the most part economic cycles are not controlled by presidential politics. It doesn't stop them from taking credit or shedding blame. BTW Stock market charts above seem accurate.
                        It’s a chart meant to mislead. It’s based off percentages. From 10,000 to 12,000 it would be up 20%. From 20,000 to 22,000 it’s only up 10%. Still increases by 2000 points, but the first one looks much better on a chart.

Comment

Well when it is in the tank like it was it had nowhere to go but up. It shows the resolve of the American economy in spite of his best efforts to cripple or at least stifle its growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            I pretty much agree with you. It’s frustrating when so many on this site (and our President himself) tout the stock market and employment gains as a rallying cry as to why he is so great when by most measures the economy under Obama was at least as good if not better. And yes, The Obama economy started in the crapper so there was pretty much nowhere to go but up, but using that line of thinking shouldn’t we blame Bush for driving it into the dirt? For the record, I believe fault for the 2008 crash goes at least back to the Clinton administration and possibly as far back as Reagan, so no I don’t blame Bush, at least not totally.

Comment

I pretty much agree with you. It’s frustrating when so many on this site (and our President himself) tout the stock market and employment gains as a rallying cry as to why he is so great when by most measures the economy under Obama was at least as good if not better. And yes, The Obama economy started in the crapper so there was pretty much nowhere to go but up, but using that line of thinking shouldn’t we blame Bush for driving it into the dirt? For the record, I believe fault for the 2008 crash goes at least back to the Clinton administration and possibly as far back as Reagan, so no I don’t blame Bush, at least not totally.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's just fine to want to claim credit for taking a good stock market to another level. Just like it's fine for Obama to claim credit for turning an economy that's in the crapper into something good.

I think the entire stance goes back to when Obama claimed Trump couldn't do any of this unless "he waved a magic wand." That was a jab, and I blame Trump 0% for wanting to bash the opposition over the top of their heads with the success. They all deserve every bit of it. So many dump on Trump for his rhetoric. But, after all the things that were said about him, continue to get said about him, and he proves the opposite, my rhetoric would be pretty dang salty too.

I don't worry about what the guy says, I worry about his actions. The quicker everyone gets out of their feelings and starts looking at the results, the better off we will all be for it. The guy isn't a politician and he never will be. Which is a lot of the reason he was elected. I'd much prefer the guy that is direct and tells me exactly how he feels vs. the guy that is nice to my face then stabs me in the back the moment I turn around. We've had wayyyy too much promising to do this, promising to do that, then doing absolutely nothing at all when they gain the ability to create change. People have had enough. They'll happily sacrifice some mean tweets and name calling to accomplish the goal. Even if they don't agree with the way the President talks sometimes, or a lot of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X