Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #2101
az2tx
Pope & Young

Look on the bright side the Eagles are tied for first place again
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #2102
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
I will agree with Smart 100%, Jerry wants to win a SB probably more than anyone in the NFL, I don't think money plays into this, the team is worth 5B so there is no telling what Jerry's net worth really is. He has not hired the right head coach, that is his only fault ( at least for the past 5 years ) I think with Stephen and McClay they have a very good management team.
But this is a very critical fault if you want to win a SB. I think the cowboys have as much talent as any team today. But do you think Garrett will out coach Zimmer, Payton, Shanahan, McVay, and Carroll to make it to a SB? Then be able to beat Belichick, Reid, or Harbaugh if he would make it to a SB?
I see no chance in hell of that happening. We can't even beat a fired up Jets team. I'd hate to see us in a big game against any of the aforementioned coaches.
I think there is a decent chance that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs this year. Pretty sad with the talent they have, and all healthy for the most part.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #2103
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Ok so, Jerry is an NFL owner and doesn’t want to win a super bowl??? C’mon man
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #2104
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Ok so, Jerry is an NFL owner and doesnít want to win a super bowl??? Címon man
He wants to win a SB. Just not enough to hire someone and let them do it their way. It has to be his way. Which he has shown does not work. I wish he'd just coach the team himself. They couldn't be much less successful in the playoffs and it would be a hell of a lot more entertaining than watching the red robot clap and spit.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #2105
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Can’t argue that. But it’s laughable to say he would rather sell merchandise than win
Old 11-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #2106
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
But this is a very critical fault if you want to win a SB. I think the cowboys have as much talent as any team today. But do you think Garrett will out coach Zimmer, Payton, Shanahan, McVay, and Carroll to make it to a SB? Then be able to beat Belichick, Reid, or Harbaugh if he would make it to a SB?
I see no chance in hell of that happening. We can't even beat a fired up Jets team. I'd hate to see us in a big game against any of the aforementioned coaches.
I think there is a decent chance that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs this year. Pretty sad with the talent they have, and all healthy for the most part.

One can have big time faults and still want it more than anything because they have it so ingrained that their way is the right way... It's human nature....

I too wish he would let go of that part.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #2107
Smart
Pope & Young

Of course America would never let him live it down if he did that and won one. Just like they did with Jimmy. He's probably still a little gun shy and butthurt for that very reason.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #2108
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default 2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Of all the businesses Jerry owns, I guarantee you none of them are allowed to be as poorly managed as the Cowboys in regards to the team on the field. But they profit over $100 million a year, that we know of. There is no telling what he makes on all of the other concerts and functions at the stadium. Not to mention the concession company which he owns.

If the teams performance on the field was the most important thing to Jerry, then he would have hired better management for it years ago, GM/coach.

For the record, I donít blame him one bitÖ I just get tired of hearing his bull**** lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #2109
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Of all the businesses Jerry owns, I guarantee you none of them are allowed to be as poorly managed as the Cowboys in regards to the team on the field. But they profit over $100 million a year, that we know of. There is no telling what he makes on all of the other concerts and functions at the stadium. Not to mention the concession company which he owns.

If the teams performance on the field was the most important thing to Jerry, then he would have hired better management for it years ago, GM/coach.

For the record, I don’t blame him one bit… I just get tired of hearing his bull**** lies.

so now Jerry is lying to us cover up that he doesn't value winning a Super Bowl. Excellent spin.

Come on man....Jerry's most important thing to him is winning doing it Jerry's way. In whatever he does. Jerry's ego is too big to let anybody do it any other way after the Jimmy fiasco. If there is one thing Jerry values more than another Lombardi it's Jerry 's ego being stroked because of a new Lombardi. Just looked up Jerry's net worth. It is 8.5 billion. At 78....$100 million isn't going to do anything for him like a Lombardi won his way will from an ego standpoint.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #2110
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post

Come on man....Jerry's most important thing to him is winning doing it Jerry's way. In whatever he does. Jerry's ego is too big to let anybody do it any other way after the Jimmy fiasco. If there is one thing Jerry values more than another Lombardi it's Jerry 's ego being stroked because of a new Lombardi.
Exactly...winning his way, not winning. Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

He would never allow any of his businesses to toil in mediocrity that long. Which is proof positive that he doesn't care as much about winning as he does about playing big time fantasy football, and making money.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #2111
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Exactly...winning his way, not winning.
Are you really going to fall on that sword....LMAO...

Quote:
Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

He would never allow any of his businesses to toil in mediocrity that long. Which is proof positive that he doesn't care as much about winning as he does about playing big time fantasy football, and making money.

Spin it baby!! Ego is a powerful thing.. Winning it his way is the most important thing...
Old 11-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #2112
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Winning his way=not winning, but making loads of money.

Thatís the reality of the situation. There is only about 24 years of evidence to prove this is true, ignore it if you want, itís still there.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #2113
Smart
Pope & Young

Yup he fell on his sword.....Uncle uncle..
Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #2114
bowmansdad
Pope & Young

It’s not a question that the Cowboys are very talented. Jerry can’t accept that he hasn’t won a SB with his coaching decisions in spite of the facts that Red isn’t the answer. He’s reluctant to make a change because he thinks it will be viewed as his failure. I believe he said that coaching decisions contributed to the last loss, maybe he’s figuring out that a change is HIS best way to win a trophy.
bowmansdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #2115
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Exactly...winning his way, not winning. Because his way has been proven to not win for 20+ years. Hasn't even come close and he knows it.

I agree with Dale. Jerry wants to win but not enough to make the changes he needs to make to win.

It would be like if Jerry really wanted to catch a 800lb blue marlin but it has to be his way on a Zebco 33 and 10lb test. He really wants to do it but it ain't gonna happen, no matter how badly he wants it. If he really wants to win another SB he better get the right gear (coach) to do it.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #2116
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
Garrett will be gone in a few weeks, heard he may be one of the top candidates for the Giants, that would be interesting.
This would be terrible for Dallas.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #2117
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Yup he fell on his sword.....Uncle uncle..

Is this where I say ďthatís a strange way to spell, you are right, Dale. And I have no further legitimate argumentÖĒ.

Thatís rhetorical.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #2118
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Is this where I say ďthatís a strange way to spell, you are right, Dale. And I have no further legitimate argumentÖĒ.

Thatís rhetorical.

No sir....I already hinted at that above....with falling on your nitpick sword...Have a good one Dale..
Old 11-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #2119
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
This would be terrible for Dallas.

Send him, good riddance. Great for Dallas!
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #2120
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Two things, First i thought this was a great game for Dak to build on given he really didn't have any run support. last season, he would have thrown for 180 yards when Zeke got shut down. i think he is proving he isn't a bus driver only.

Second, i saw an interesting tweet that Dak should not sign his contract until he finds out what the status of Garrett's contract is......not sure it will matter but what if that was the only piece of leverage to get rid of Garrett - would Jerry do it???
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #2121
JackRyan
Six Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Has anyone already pointed out that the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD for the fourth year in a row according to Forbes??? Valued at five billion, makes twice as much (340 million) is sponsorship and premium seating at his stadium than any other team. Say what you want about Jerry's motivation but he's obviously doing something right when it comes to $$$.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
JackRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #2122
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRyan View Post
Has anyone already pointed out that the Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD for the fourth year in a row according to Forbes??? Valued at five billion, makes twice as much (340 million) is sponsorship and premium seating at his stadium than any other team. Say what you want about Jerry's motivation but he's obviously doing something right when it comes to $$$.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Yes...very obvious.. I don't recall anybody every saying anything to the contrary there..
Old 11-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #2123
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Zekeís numbers from Sunday against the mythical stacked box.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #2124
RickH78
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall, Texas

I don't think Garrett will be back, I hope.... He is in the last year of his contract and hasn't gotten an extension. Injuries and suspensions have been minimal this season and he probably needs to get deep into the playoffs at least to the championship game with the team he has. I don't see that happening at all, probably 9-7 and winning the east cause the rest of them suck. They will have to go on the road in the wild card round and play one of the much better coached NFC teams and be one and done again.
RickH78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #2125
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH78 View Post
I don't think Garrett will be back, I hope.... He is in the last year of his contract and hasn't gotten an extension. Injuries and suspensions have been minimal this season and he probably needs to get deep into the playoffs at least to the championship game with the team he has. I don't see that happening at all, probably 9-7 and winning the east cause the rest of them suck. They will have to go on the road in the wild card round and play one of the much better coached NFC teams and be one and done again.
I don't believe they will even win the east. As far as those great coaches, maybe we could get that young genius McVay.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #2126
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Zekeís numbers from Sunday against the mythical stacked box.

If the box was not stacked then every single lineman should be cut today, I think you should go look at the game again, I watched numerous plays where Zeke was hit by more than one at the line of scrimmage, there was nowhere to go, Zim said he was going to make your boy Dak win the game with his arm, he had a hell of a game but he came up short, Russell Wilson knows how to win a game, I believe he did it last night, he uses his legs, Dak did not run 1 single time, he also made an awful decision to try and squeeze a ball into a very covered up Zeke, he had Cobb running wide open for a TD, great QB's do not miss that, especially 40M dollar QB's. And I am not blaming Dak for the loss, he certainly played well enough to win, it was a team loss from Dak to Zeke to the O line down to the coaches. And the God awful linebackers, forgive me for calling Smith a generational linebacker.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #2127
RickH78
Ten Point

I wouldn't cut anyone, well besides Jeff Heath and Awuzie. I can't stand those 2. It comes down to the coaches and game plans. Zeke is one of the best RBs in the league and yes they overpaid him bigtime but that's beside the point. There are probably at least a dozen other coaches in the league that can make adjustments and get better productivity out of a RB. The cowboys played against such a team Sunday night. They had Cook bottled up in the first half just as Zeke was. What did the Vikings do? They made a few small adjustments to get him going. What did the Cowboys do, they kept running Zeke straight into the *** of the O-line that was getting blown up the whole game. This team has plenty of talent to make a run at a Superbowl but the coaching is subpar. It's past time for Garrett to go.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:00 PM   #2128
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

What happened to all that presnap movement and motion that made Moore look so creative looking the first week or two?

MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #2129
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
What happened to all that presnap movement and motion that made Moore look so creative looking the first week or two?

That is mind boggling. Why in the wide world of sports would you go from that back to last years offense? Was it working too well?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #2130
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Your season is saved!!
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #2131
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

If they sign Kapernick I swear to the good lord above I will not watch another Cowboys game
Fightinaggies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #2132
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
If they sign Kapernick I swear to the good lord above I will not watch another Cowboys game
He's a perfect match for the Michael Bennett pickup they just had. Maybe JJ is trying to sell his soul again.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #2133
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
Please do not make me have to make that decision
Old 11-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #2134
RickH78
Ten Point

The NFL is holding a workout for him in Atlanta Saturday. Heard all 32 teams will probably have someone there just to see. I would be surprised if anyone would sign him considering he hasn't played in 3 years and the distractions that come with him.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #2135
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

First 30 mins of the workouts gonna be the national anthem on repeat..

drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #2136
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
The NFL is holding a workout for him in Atlanta Saturday. Heard all 32 teams will probably have someone there just to see. I would be surprised if anyone would sign him considering he hasn't played in 3 years and the distractions that come with him.

Anyone who doesnít send a scout will get crucified by BLM, and the rest of those asshats.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #2137
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Anyone who doesnít send a scout will get crucified by BLM, and the rest of those asshats.

Nailed it.. all a big PR move

He was sucking before he went rogue. I hope he continues to suck as a QB so nobody picks him up.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #2138
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Ah ok, so they're basically sending someone just to avoid the negative PR.
This dude needs to just fade away already, tired of "them" shoving him in everyone's face.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #2139
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

I want the Steelers to sign him.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #2140
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

I wish he would just disappear
Old 11-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #2141
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Name:  IMG_8216.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  63.2 KB
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #2142
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #2143
Keith
Administrator

It's game day, let's go Cowboys.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #2144
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's game day, let's go Cowboys.

Blacked out maybe thatís a good thing lol

drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #2145
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Go Cowboys!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #2146
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Wish the players would call a players only meeting and hold each other accountable since the coaching staff doesn't.... The majority of the problems is related to attitude/mind set or the lack there off.

Go Boys Go. Grow a pair & play like you want to win....
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #2147
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

So, when Dallas loses today against a hapless Lions team does the Clapper finally get fired?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 PM   #2148
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
So, when Dallas loses today against a hapless Lions team does the Clapper finally get fired?
I don't think they lose and even if they do the redhead bubblehead clapper will not get fired...
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #2149
Smart
Pope & Young

$50 million guaranteed to fumble..
Old 11-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #2150
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Wow!! What a ^%*#*%£<* start!!