No announcement yet.

Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made my annual donation. And seeing DocMay made me throw some at the big time Texas hunts too

You’re welcome TPWD

Comment

Anyone ever hunted Kickapoo? How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our group made our annual donations. $200 and a few more “loyalty points” although it’d be nice if tpwd would reset one of my categories to zero this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post

Forgive me if I'm late to the party, but I hadn't noticed Richland Creek in the E-postcard section before for Waterfowl. It looks like if you draw you get exclusivity on one of the most crowded waterfowl public spots in Texas.

As for the other E-postcard hunts, I'm not too impressed with the locations available.
          They draw 25 groups per weekend so you wont be the only one out there. Considering most groups will have 3-4 guys you looking sharing it with close to 100 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Your points average out, say if we apply together, you have 3 points and I have 1 the app goes in with 2 points.

So it could be a higher or lower chance depending on how many points you have and how many your buddy has

The plus side is if you get drawn you get to hunt with your buddy.
            There has to be 3 spots available though, if there's 2 open spots and you have a group of 3 you're not drawn. This is one of the reasons I've not been drawn for anything, ever. Guys I know apply alone and get drawn every few seasons here or there. I always have wide and 2 sons on my apps.

Comment

Who looked at the tpwd drawn hunt email?

See anyone you recognize?

Comment

Question on Private land hunts. So from what I'm seeing on the app, the only charge is the $10 app fee? Looking at the dove hunts also. Where is South Texas-Texas Wild? Getting ready to donate. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  There has to be 3 spots available though, if there's 2 open spots and you have a group of 3 you're not drawn. This is one of the reasons I've not been drawn for anything, ever. Guys I know apply alone and get drawn every few seasons here or there. I always have wide and 2 sons on my apps.
                  I know for a fact that this isn’t true. We were drawn on the chap with a party of 2 when they only had one spot left. Also I talked to the lady there that was in charge of the chap(big cow). She told us that even if we would have had four in a group they would have drawn us. It’s max group specific, not person specific

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                    I know for a fact that this isn’t true. We were drawn on the chap with a party of 2 when they only had one spot left. Also I talked to the lady there that was in charge of the chap(big cow). She told us that even if we would have had four in a group they would have drawn us. It’s max group specific, not person specific
                    This is correct.

Comment

Well, we missed Colorado mule deer and cow elk and Wyoming pronghorn and cow elk so I guess we will try to hit the mule deer and pronghorn hunts this year. Daughter had youth archery at Martin Dies. She came close to a doe but she spooked when my daughter started to draw. Son and I drew Balcones. We had bucks at 370 but decided to pass on the shot. If we draw again we will be ready. I'm skipping most of the waterfowl hunts this year (I usually do those). We're going to hunt out of state for waterfowl and ditch chickens.
                      So, pronghorn, mule deer, javelina, exotics and pigs are on our list. We'll also apply for squirrel. We didn't draw last year. Who applies for squirrel?

I noticed some hunts for upland game that appear to be squirrel and rabbits. Interesting...

Good luck to all..unless your in my categories, in which case I wish you good luck for 2020...ok. Good luck this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        Who looked at the tpwd drawn hunt email?

See anyone you recognize?
                        Yea, I recognize that mug.....

Comment

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, looks like less options than in the pass. Garner is the only one for archery exotic now.

Only thing that had dates that worked for me was James Daughtrey WMA archery deer.

Who knows maybe this will be the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't looked close but does anyone know if youth are limited to only applying for 3 hunts in each category again this year?

Comment

Lots of these dates are in the middle of the week which wont work for my schedule. I don't think I will even mess with applying this year. I guess better odds for you all!

Comment

Working...
                                X