LRGV NWR - Teniente (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
    What roads are y'all parking on to walk in?
    You can park on any of the county roads. Just make sure you don’t block any part of the road or you will get a ticket

Comment

And don't have any beer in your ice chest or corn in your truck even if parked on the side of the road..The feds like to give tickets and I learned the hard way. Good luck to you guys-weather should have them moving.

Comment

Was cutting it pretty close but was able to make it down and scout around a little this evening. Must have rained pretty good this morning, road are pretty muddy. Hopefully the animals are moving in the morning.

Comment

Anyone have luck this last weekend?

Comment

I shot a doe , spike and cow. Sucks I could find the cow until the next day and she was pretty ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
              I shot a doe , spike and cow. Sucks I could find the cow until the next day and she was pretty ripe.
              Did you see decent numbers of Nilgai?

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                Did you see decent numbers of Nilgai?
                Think I saw 4 total. I pretty much stayed sitting all day long and only walked out to the truck for about an hour to eat.

Comment

I did not see anything in regulations but is there a blaze orange requirement when walking in and out during an archery hunt here? I have only done gun hunts so far.

Comment

Yes it is in the hunt info that they email to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone tell me what kind of shape the county roads and designated parking areas are in? I am trying to decide wether I can take my car and just park in the designated areas or if I need to take the truck, it’s a long drive for me so trying to save some gas $$, car is not 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelBRice View Post
                        Can anyone tell me what kind of shape the county roads and designated parking areas are in? I am trying to decide wether I can take my car and just park in the designated areas or if I need to take the truck, it’s a long drive for me so trying to save some gas $$, car is not 4 wheel drive.
                        This pic is what CR 20 and 30 are like(it’s a pic of CR30). Car would be iffy imo as clearance would be an issue where the ruts are eroded in places and if it rains it could be a mess. But CR 10 is a real caliche road and a car would be fine there. You’re just limited to only a few parking areas(ok for cars) so you wouldnt really have access to hunt a lot of the refuge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	24600342

Comment

Originally posted by JoelBRice View Post
                          If you stay on 10 your car will be fine. There are some mud holes along the back cr road. It rained the day before our hunt and it was pretty sloppy across the back and down 30.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                            This pic is what CR 20 and 30 are like(it’s a pic of CR30). Car would be iffy imo as clearance would be an issue where the ruts are eroded in places and if it rains it could be a mess. But CR 10 is a real caliche road and a car would be fine there. You’re just limited to only a few parking areas(ok for cars) so you wouldnt really have access to hunt a lot of the refuge.

[ATTACH]981892[/ATTACH]

Sounds like I need to bring the truck haha will just have to get over the diesel bill, thanks for the info and quick reply!

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              If you stay on 10 your car will be fine. There are some mud holes along the back cr road. It rained the day before our hunt and it was pretty sloppy across the back and down 30.
                              Thank you for the info! Will probably just have to get over the diesel bill, thank you!

Comment

So who will be down for the next hunt? Our group will be down 4th-8th. As of now weather looks fairly warm and no rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X