This is my food plot - video documented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my food plot - video documented

I know that I have posted up some pictures of the progress of my food plot this year. I'm not new to food plots but haven't really done it to a large extent, except for in my wetlands for ducks.
    As I have gotten into deer hunting on my property more, I decided to put in a 1 acre food plot other than just having corn feeders.
    For those interested in the process of me "experimenting" and seeing what worked and didn't work, I documented it and put it on youtube. It's a long video as it goes from the very beginning of a bare field to plants coming up.

Well done video with a lot of good information! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Excellent job and that’s a lot of work just doing the video. Keep us updated on how it grows this season. We’re getting some great late October rain so I’m sure with all that prep the field will be solid all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
        Excellent job and that’s a lot of work just doing the video. Keep us updated on how it grows this season. We’re getting some great late October rain so I’m sure with all that prep the field will be solid all season.
        Problem is that field is prone to flooding so hope the rain isn't too much. That is why i have it laid out the way I do. The "main" plot would be the first to flood and then work its way up the "runway" plot. Last year I tried to put in a plot in just the main area and it was under 2 ft. of water by November. However, we had a very wet fall and lots of rain Sept and Oct. last year.

Comment

Great video. Nice work sir

Comment

Very nice

Comment

How's the plot looking?

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Dchilds View Post
                  How's the plot looking?
                  I was out there 2 weekends ago for youth duck hunt and checked out the field and cameras. The plots is looking real good. Didn't have time for pics but will be out there this weekend and it should all be mature now.

Comment

Update video.

Comment

Great video and thanks for sharing!

Comment

This is worth all the hard work put in to see the deer using the field in the middle of the day ant just coming to the feeder when it goes off.

Comment

Good looking plot ! Be careful, it’s addicting !

Comment

Wayne you are going to be covered up in deer this month. They love them some green groceries this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                              Wayne you are going to be covered up in deer this month. They love them some green groceries this time of year
                              Sitting on the plot with my son this morning to see if we can get him his buck this year.
                              It paid off for me during the 1st rut and I think the second rut is beginning.

Comment

Working...
                              X