Austin, Tx crime rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin, Tx crime rates

Austin is among the highest in the nation in crime rates rising after their vote to defund the police.....

Coincidence?

Percentage wise yes but the numbers are low with 23 murders all year. Most are random shootings usually at a party.

Comment

My sister has a place in East Austin, and I would say Austin has had a criminal element for years, lots and lots of drugs, vandalized property, needles , petty crime, out of control homeless people,
      Austin is probably different in the extremely effluent Areas

Comment

It's the news hype
        If you look at per capita my hometown corpus is like 3 times as bad on any given year for murder...

I've never been so scared to leave my house

Comment

My office is downtown not far from the drag and it's real safe. Now if I venture to the east side of 35 not even a mile it gets kinda bad but I never feel scared.
          I'm gone before dark so that helps i'm sure.

Comment

I will say this. Austin in the next 2-5 years will resemble some big cities we say get what they deserved(Minneapolis, Chicago, etc). I am close to throwing paper on the desk and will sometime in next 12 months. Talked to someone yesterday that said rough estimates are over 100 retiring first quarter 2021. We usually have 50-60 a year. We are over 60 for 2020. With shifts short and talk of canceling next 3 cadet classes. I will say when people call 911 the response times will be way different than now. Also arrest of criminals will go way down allowing each one to commit more crime. Sad really. And I agree with the above. Right now Austin enjoys being one of the safer places to be.

Comment

Ironically, Lance Armstrong just cancelled his contract with APD to supply bikes for the police, but he expects the police to continue to protect the business. Talk about disconnected from reality.

And thank God the police will protect his business and the clowns that work inside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Ironically, Lance Armstrong just cancelled his contract with APD to supply bikes for the police, but he expects the police to continue to protect the business. Talk about disconnected from reality.

And thank God the police will protect his business and the clowns that work inside of it.
                Yea, my opinion of him isn't changed much by that.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  My sister has a place in East Austin, and I would say Austin has had a criminal element for years, lots and lots of drugs, vandalized property, needles , petty crime, out of control homeless people,
                  Austin is probably different in the extremely effluent Areas
                  Who wants to live in an extremely effluent area? I'd rather take the crime.

Comment

seems like its up in Round Rock as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      Austin is among the highest in the nation in crime rates rising after their vote to defund the police.....

Coincidence?

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/cr...2-5eea963b3d59
                      which vote was that?

this is the worst of ill-informed, hack political propaganda. Are you suggesting that the City Council voted to defund the police (they did not) and somehow there's a direct link to murders that happened before any of the protests took place? seriously?

Comment

The City has been defunding police. Cadet classes have been cut. APD has been 200 patrolmen short since first of the year and number has grown weekly. It really has very little to do with me but I do feel for the men/women that have worked for me. Probably 1/2 of my Unit is retiring in the near future - There are only 9 of us though

Comment

yeah the outlook is not good as far as protection for the citizens of Austin

Comment

Meltingfeather,

Glen is correct. They are actively defunding the police. Their actions will be final at Thursday’s CC meeting. There is a direct link to a reduction in police, and a rise in crime. If you can’t see that, well that’s your issue to deal with. The criminals know the APD are hamstrung by liberal policies enacted by the CC on the PD.

When police are idle or are going call to call, proactive policing falls. Proactive policing catches the murderers, robbers, guys/gals with dope and guns etc... The city of Austin is about to get the Austin they voted for.

If I was in their police association, I’d buy a billboard like Baton Rouge PD did and shame the council. But then again, they (CC) may not care.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                              Who wants to live in an extremely effluent area? I'd rather take the crime.

Comment

Working...
                              X