Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough day- same mistake

Getting this off my chest.

I got a bonus last year from work, so I bought a brand new Vertix. Just wanted a mathews. Well my last week in the city I was in, my truck was robbed. I kept my bow, binos, rangefinder in there, tools etc. I didnt think it would happen, but it happened. Lost it all.

Anyway the archery shop I shot at was a hoyt dealer so the owner cut me a deal on a new hoyt. I had already bought an out of state tag so I went for it, spared no expense setting it up. I have since moved to Dallas, needless to say, never kept it in my truck.

Last friday I was going to a buddies ranch early since he was selling and wanted to do one last hurrah. Fling some arrows, burn some powder.

Guess what I did? I loaded up the night before at 10pm.

The odds are insane. Insane. Walked out to a busted open truck, radio panel ripped off, they even took my duha. Bow, binos, rangefinder gone again. Even the bino harness I just bought. The lady who took the police report was a jack wagon about it. No units came out, no finger prints (not blaming any police, at all. bigger fish to fry).

IF you see a sweet deal on a Hoyt Rx3, KUIU verde, Serial number 152738, Let me know. i'd love to shake the hand of the seller.

I cant even wrap my mind on how this happen. I feel like an idiot.

Might as well put it on tbh, because maybe, just maybe someone might care as much as I do about a durn bow. But not many do.

I don't know how you can maintain a civil society with all the constant, un-prosecuted taking.

**** man

Comment

That sucks! I feel for you.

Comment

They had to see you loading up. No way that's coincidence.
        Sorry your having to deal with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

dang.... I absolutely HATE thieves..
          sorry for your loss man. I'd be wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            They had to see you loading up. No way that's coincidence.
            Sorry your having to deal with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            This. My uncle had all of his fishing stuff stolen one night after loading it that evening. Come to find out they had driven by and seen him loading it in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
              This. My uncle had all of his fishing stuff stolen one night after loading it that evening. Come to find out they had driven by and seen him loading it in the boat.
              I'm trying to not get mad and suspicious at this thought, because this means it had to have been a neighbor. No other cars were on the road.

Comment

Hope you catch them

Agree that it was probably someone that saw you loading up

Comment

Dangit. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

That is terrible. I am sorry that happened.

The craziness in the DFW metroplex is one reason we bailed.

Comment

thx-- read the thread about the TPWD bighorn guys. my day is not bad.

I get to pull back a bow at a store, which is always fun

Comment

Leaving things in your vehicles is like leaving money laying on the seat in open view. Smash and grab theives are everywhere, and they area always looking for an opportunity.

Comment

Makes my stomach hurt. Sounds like it may be someone in your neighborhood.

Comment

Defiantly sucks. Can’t believe that happened twice

Comment

That really sucks. We get em coming through at night checking for unlocked doors and scoping trucks. Thieves know that odds are more goodies are going to be kept in trucks so they'll peek in and if it peaks their interest they go after it. It's a pain in the rear but I always load just before I go for this very reason. Sorry this happened to you again

Comment

Working...
                              X