• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

JH Performance Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        If you decide on Shoalwater i would definitely go Waypoint for rigging purposes. I have some buddys that had a nightmare experience with Texas Marine
        I'd challenge you to go look at any boat that waypoint has rigged and see how it is in 6 months. I personally spent several days working on a brand new waypoint boat (blazer bay) that kept having electrical issues.

I had to work on the: Trolling motor, battery charger, battery switch, live well pumps, gps, deck lights, and fuel gauge, within the boats 50 hours!

I'll never recommend waypoint after dealing with their riggers work, and having to show Jared and Jim multiple problems that were wrong from the day the boat was picked up, and never fixed correctly during warranty work either. They just kept putting enough minimal warranty "work" on the boat until the warranty ran out, and then wanted full price to fix their own work once the warranty ran out.

I'm picky, but when you spend 50K+ you shouldn't be getting a boat that will need 10K+ in repairs within the first 6 months of use.

I'd get the Haynie just on the quality of the rigging alone...

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          As several have said above you really can't go wrong with either one. For me it was between the Haynie 21 super cat and the Shoalwater 21 cat. I went with with the shoalwater

The Haynie is probably going to be a little heavier so may handle the chop a little better but will take a little more water to get up
          One thing to consider is what motor you want on the back. Chris really pushes the mercs and the only motor he sells so if you want the haynie and a different brand motor its a little more of a pain.
          Not true. Chris's Marine is a Suzuki dealer as well. If you want a Suzuki on one he can set you up.

Comment

You are looking at some of the best boat builders in the state. You won't go wrong so long as you go ride in them and actually see what is what before you buy. Some do shallow better, some do smooth and dry better and some do fast better. You just have to figure out which one hits your sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
              I'd challenge you to go look at any boat that waypoint has rigged and see how it is in 6 months. I personally spent several days working on a brand new waypoint boat (blazer bay) that kept having electrical issues.

I had to work on the: Trolling motor, battery charger, battery switch, live well pumps, gps, deck lights, and fuel gauge, within the boats 50 hours!

I'll never recommend waypoint after dealing with their riggers work, and having to show Jared and Jim multiple problems that were wrong from the day the boat was picked up, and never fixed correctly during warranty work either. They just kept putting enough minimal warranty "work" on the boat until the warranty ran out, and then wanted full price to fix their own work once the warranty ran out.

I'm picky, but when you spend 50K+ you shouldn't be getting a boat that will need 10K+ in repairs within the first 6 months of use.

Jason Slocum
              2 years on my SW from Waypoint and not a single problem. There was a thing or 2 I may have done differently if I was rigging but other than that it was pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                Not true. Chris's Marine is a Suzuki dealer as well. If you want a Suzuki on one he can set you up.
                They must have picked them up in the past year or 2 then know Chris personally and have never heard him say a thing about selling Zukes. When I was buying 2 years ago they only sold mercs. Hard pass on the merc and the zuke

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  They must have picked them up in the past year or 2 then know Chris personally and have never heard him say a thing about selling Zukes. When I was buying 2 years ago they only sold mercs. Hard pass on the merc and the zuke
                  A buddy of mine had a 25 Magnum with a 250 SHO a couple years ago and another buddy of mine has a 23 Magnum with a 300 Suzuki he bought here locally so all things are possible. They will sell you one without power if you want.

My point was just that you aren't locked into a Merc if you don't want one.

Comment

Chris's Marine is having a hard time getting the Mercs right now...probably all dealers are.
                    The Haynie 23 cat is great ride in the skinny water...in 3 foot rollers...not so much. The Haynie has very little bow lift..so waves are not its friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post

Jason Slocum
                      I just bought a 21 cat in April and the rigging is very good on it and super neat. So Far my dealings with waypoint is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
                        Yeah one of my buddies has a Haynie Magnum with a 400 Merc on the back and it hauls. I wade fish mostly so I was trying to stick to something shallow, but obviously want to get down there and back as quick as possible.
                        If you looking for a fast boat Haynie or shoalwater cats aren’t fast. Now scb or fat cats will run like crazy. Haynie vee hulls will get it as well. My 21 cat with a 250 Merc four stroke will touch 58mph. Put I cruise 40 about 4000 rpm that’s were I like to run.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                          Chris's Marine is having a hard time getting the Mercs right now...probably all dealers are.
                          The Haynie 23 cat is great ride in the skinny water...in 3 foot rollers...not so much. The Haynie has very little bow lift..so waves are not its friend.
                          There ain't one of these cats mentioned that ride great in 3' rollers. You wouldn't enjoy riding in any of them in honest 3'ers.

Comment

There ain't one of these cats mentioned that ride great in 3' rollers. You wouldn't enjoy riding in any of them in honest 3'ers.
                            Agree. If I’m buying a boat for what op described it’s a Haynie magnum or a 25 Majek extreme.

Comment

A buddy of mine had a 25 Magnum with a 250 SHO a couple years ago and another buddy of mine has a 23 Magnum with a 300 Suzuki he bought here locally so all things are possible. They will sell you one without power if you want.

My point was just that you aren't locked into a Merc if you don't want one.
                              Yes sir you can definitely get another motor put on there and I talked to Chris about it. Just had to go buy the motor from somewhere else and they would do all the rigging. Kevin Akins runs a Haynie with a sho on the back as well.

Comment

I’ve fished quite a bit out of both. They’ll both have their pros and cons. Like others have mentioned I’d take a ride in each and got from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X