Looking for TX Quail Hunt Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for TX Quail Hunt Recommendations

Looking for some recommendations for a good weekend quail hunt here in TX. Prefer native birds and not bag birds. 5-10 buddies wanting to book something. Any input appreciated. Thanks

Area of the state? How far are you willing to travel?

Comment

I'm pretty open if the birds are there. Within 3-5 or so would be ideal from DFW.

Comment

Check out west Texas quail outfitters.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
          Check out west Texas quail outfitters.
          Thank you, will do!

Comment

No help but went on our place in KS last year (not our deer hunting place) with great dogs and had a blast. If I wasn't a deer hunter, bass fisherman, turkey hunter, elk hunter, dove hunter and golfer, I'd be a quail hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              No help but went on our place in KS last year (not our deer hunting place) with great dogs and had a blast. If I wasn't a deer hunter, bass fisherman, turkey hunter, elk hunter, dove hunter and golfer, I'd be a quail hunter.
              Haha same!

Comment

As someone said here before... If you could garentee me a good covey an hour. I would sell all my deer stuff and but a couple short hairs and work my jagd as a flusher

Comment

The Pitchfork Ranch's hunting program began in September, 1998. Properties include a 165,000-acre headquarters near Guthrie, Texas, and over 8,000 acres near Waurika, Oklahoma.

If you have access to a property with quail, the best way is to find a dog trainer or guide with a big string that will come out for a fee and guide you.

Comment

You could try Blaien Friermood- 713.703.6656
                    He run's some awesome quail hunts in S Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                      You could try Blaien Friermood- 713.703.6656
                      He run's some awesome quail hunts in S Texas.
                      That name is a blast from the past. I fished with him a couple of times on Galveston Bay back in the 90's. I knew he had gone quail full time, but that was a long time ago.

Comment

I've know Blaine friermood for over 25 years. Quail hunts and dove hunts are second to no one in the industry.

Comment

I think west tx hunt org is doing a combo quail and hog hunt coming up soon

Comment

Good stuff guys

Comment

Working...
                            X