Weekend Welding Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Welding Project

Had my Hobart 140 sittin and wife and I decided head to local metal yard and get my welding table going, I cut Pieces on the abrasive Friday and Saturday did some welding and today finished up with help from my boy J on the grinder 👌 added the caster lockable wheels on all 4 wife did the primer and then followed up with enamel Red barn and for finish I had crossbar for grinder holders on one side and the other was for my clamps we lucked out with the table top @ a fraction of cost for $50 easily save $150 Weight for top is about #200 and going to add 4 plug strip we picked up yesterday that comes with 2 USB output on underside .I’m going to add some storage and extension cord holder on side along with some opts !!! will follow up as I add and it moves smoothly and easy so I can move it around as I do different projects
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MattTx; 08-05-2020, 06:55 PM.

Nice job

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Nice! Nothing better than an indestructible table

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

What size tubing did you use?

Comment

Cool build !!

Comment

Use 2X2 14 gauge square tubing for legs

Comment

here.

Comment

nice

Comment

Not bad. Been looking at welding tables lately, some of them are expensive. I noticed many of the newer ones have holes in the table top, I guess it makes it easier to clamp things down, where you need them clamped.

Comment

Yeah the Jig and clamp holes woulda definitely been a plus maybe on my next personal table build and heck yeah tables are very expensive ...

Comment

Update welding project

Welded these 3- piece 1X1 square tubing 16g at 90’ 12X12 and enamel painted red to make shelves holders doesn’t get any stronger then that drilled holes into holders and went into studs and added power strip along right side comes in handy for my Ridgid cordless charger phone,fan etc..and this worked out perfectly to store my steel pieces Right under shelf and off ground added under shelf LED 4ft power saver light under,the shelf itself is 6ft length 12inches wide. I didn’t know we had a limit on pics posted as my wife painted the American flag right under shelf afterwards filling in the total white space you see and I ordered metal Blue pegboard X2 to add
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks good

Comment

Another weekend project

So this was a must...getting tried of having nothing to hang my feeder line and ground clamp line and rather then pull the welder itself from handle I needed something to grip and steer welder cart so this is what I came up with .. 1X1 16g square tubing handle,it has multiple functionality and definitely does the trick and NOW my Hobart welding cart gets around!!!also picked up a fire extinguisher to strap to cart ya never know.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X