Shotgun gunsmith sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun gunsmith sought

Looking for a shotgun gunsmith in the SA area that can thread a Remmy 1100 barrel for chokes. Thanks

Not in SA but i would send it to Briley if it were mine

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Not in SA but i would send it to Briley if it were mine
      I’ll look into them. Gracias amigo.

Comment

Probably needs to be back bored also

Comment

Briley

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you do, Don't go to Feland's in Cypress. I had a bad experience with him. Brought my gun in just to replace a safety. He made crude jokes about droping my gun, took so much longer than he said he would that i had to call repeatedly to ask what was up. Then when i got it back my barrel had matching deep scratches on both side of the barrel from a vice. I hear he used to work for Briley. Maybe that's why he doesn't anymore.

Comment

Briley...Best choice hands down

Comment

Not to hijack but.....Does anyone think the value of a shotgun would decline if the barrels were modified? I see the OP has an 1100 but I'm thinking on doing this to a nice SKB O/U. It has fixed full and IM. Really not a good choice for what I need. I had an armorer tell me he wouldn't do it to an all original gun like mine. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                  Not to hijack but.....Does anyone think the value of a shotgun would decline if the barrels were modified? I see the OP has an 1100 but I'm thinking on doing this to a nice SKB O/U. It has fixed full and IM. Really not a good choice for what I need. I had an armorer tell me he wouldn't do it to an all original gun like mine. Thoughts?
                  My take is this. My guns will be passed on to my 4 boys after I’m gone and not a day before lol. The monetary value is insignificant since they(guns) are staying with my boys. It’s the sentimental value of the guns that matter most to me. The Remmy 1100 is a 1976 model with fixed Mod choke. It also happens to be my favorite dove gun, but I’m tearing up the doves even with my light 7/8oz reloads, thus the reason for my desire to get screw-in chokes. Later on my boys if they wanted could also use it for turkey and/or water fowl.

Comment

Depends on the shotgun it is doubtful on an SKB but you wouldn’t recoup the money you spent on the tube install you would be able to enjoy the shotgun more though

Comment

Get a replacement barrel that's already threaded or another one to thread. Keep the original as is. Not sure if it would decrease the value of the original but might be nice to keep the way it is. Try Corsons Barrels online.

Comment

You may find that for an 1100, it could be cheaper to buy a threaded barrel instead. This is the route I took when I was looking to get a threaded barrel.

Dave

Comment

Briley Guns in Houston. One of the best there is for chokes.UPS it or drive ovef

Comment

Thanks for the info gents. I guess Briley is getting my business. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                              You may find that for an 1100, it could be cheaper to buy a threaded barrel instead. This is the route I took when I was looking to get a threaded barrel.

Dave

Bought a new barrel for mine, too. Not very expensive.
                              Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                              X