Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2014-2015 Lake Aquila and Whitney hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tg I'm dang near 200 pounds, but with me being 6'4" to 6'5" it don't look like much lol

Comment

Hey TO! Whaz-up?

JustinDFW, at least your height and weight proportional . I trained one feller/freind that I used to ride with, for his first Tri. He was 6-2 and 210 when we started. He weighed in at 190 for his first tri, a Half Ironman Tri, 5 moths later. And won the Clydesdale division (190lbs and up) that year (2000). Big fellers have a harder time on the run due to the shock on all the joints. But they can be super fast on the bike . Thankfully David ran track in high school and college. So he still had some run left in him at age 42. He just couldn't swim worth a darn though . Thought he'd never make it out of the water . But with enough swim training, he did well enough on the bike and run to make up for it and take a 1st place trophy home.

At most of these long distance events, they had the medical tent set up right next to the finish line. You could go straight to the med tent and get a bag or two of I.V., and be up skip-n and dance-n in no time . It was usually a day or three later that the recovery would begin, usually taking 3 to 6 weeks before the body was ready for training for another long distance event. I spent my long distance recovery time doing short distance work but at high intensity levels. It'd take me form the 3 week in June to the first week in Aug to recover fully. Then I was a age group terror at all the sprint distance races through the fall . I speciallized in sprint distance Tri's. It's a precision thing with running your heart rate at 85-95% of Max . I've hit 200 HBPS a few times. While the resting rate was 38-42. Those with a medical back ground or heart rate training will know what I'm talking about .

OK, I'll stop boring yall fellers. Carry on .
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-16-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I need some wind out here. Just the occasional breeze with this humidity isn't cutting it. So far the only critter I've seen is a albino skunk.

Comment

We're get-n a really good rain here right now for about the last 2 hours.

Comment

This will be my first year hunting lake whitney. I have done a little scouting and got some nice picks. Hopefully it all turns out well and I get to play some string music. I also hope to find some hogs out there. If anyone finds an area with lots of them and willing to share the are please let me know.

Comment

Comment

trying to figure out how to post a picture. I will get it one day.

Comment

O not alot mike. Just been busy at work and guiding trips. Had a great year this year on several lakes guiding. Getting ready for this bowseason, hoping to beat last years buck. Shouldn't be to hard since I've got a few big boys on camera already.

Comment

Scouted some this past weekend, no snakes, but 100 degree heat in snake chaps walking some of the thickest stuff Ive seen was no fun. Had to stop and take a couple of breaks in the shade. It was a welcome sight to scout in the rain this morning.

Comment

I got back to my truck before it poured this morning. The light rain was nice sure was warm at 7 am when I started walking around.

Comment

The deer were up and moving around this evening after the rain

Comment

I have been hunting lake W for the last 3 years and have enjoyed some success and some god awful walks. I can't wait to start doing some scouting here soon and maybe run into a few tbhs . Good luck this year everyone

Comment

My wife and kids say goodbye to Texas at 5 tomorrow, but w e will all come back to visit during the summer or the holidays next year. I hope you guys end up with a great deer to mount but leave me at least one to chase when I show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              My wife and kids say goodbye to Texas at 5 tomorrow, but w e will all come back to visit during the summer or the holidays next year. I hope you guys end up with a great deer to mount but leave me at least one to chase when I show up.
                              good luck to you and your family

Comment

Good luck Storm, hopes up for the family to make it safe there with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X