LBJ Grasslands 2014-2015 Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunter34 View Post
    Good luck getting my stands out unless u like to walk forever then they deserve em lol.

Champlaya I hope u are able to drag one out this season or two....
    Thank you friend! I wish you luck as well, season is so close I can almost taste it, haha
    Last edited by Champlaya7; 08-09-2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Sure is... it'll be here before we know it. Excited can't wait.

Comment

Good luck getting my stands out unless u like to walk forever then they deserve em lol.

Champlaya I hope u are able to drag one out this season or two....

There is no place on the grasslands so remote that stands and cameras won't disappear. One can walk to the most remote area within 25 minutes.

If you leave them out more than 72 hours the FS Law Enforcement Officer will remove them for you.

Comment

This will be my first year hunting the grasslands. I hunted Caddo the last two years. Ive been on a few scouting trips so far, need to do a few more. Got a cam out and after a week it had 2 doe and a small 4point.

Champlaya looks like youve got a good spot picked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
            This will be my first year hunting the grasslands. I hunted Caddo the last two years. Ive been on a few scouting trips so far, need to do a few more. Got a cam out and after a week it had 2 doe and a small 4point.

Champlaya looks like youve got a good spot picked out!
            Thank ya! This will be my first year out there as well, guess I got kinda lucky

Comment

Hey Champlaya7 been getting anymore pics?

Comment

Hey Champlaya7 been getting anymore pics?
                I actually took my cam out of my spot to put it on another unit I was scouting online but low and behold I get there and it is a shotgun and black powder hunting only unit. Didn't want to go back to my unit I had it on, walk back there in the heat again and walk out so decided to wait til this week where I can get out early in the morning and put it back up. Hope it doesn't get discovered because its really the only hot spot I got! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                  I actually took my cam out of my spot to put it on another unit I was scouting online but low and behold I get there and it is a shotgun and black powder hunting only unit. Didn't want to go back to my unit I had it on, walk back there in the heat again and walk out so decided to wait til this week where I can get out early in the morning and put it back up. Hope it doesn't get discovered because its really the only hot spot I got! haha
                  Are you bowhunting, or are you rifle hunting? I didn't know that there was any rifle hunting in the LBJ.

Comment

I hear ya lol Def. Hotttt right now. Hope that spot is productive. I always have a couple spots picked out cause u never know. One day u may walk to your set up and there is someone in it or close to u, It happened to me last year so that's why I am mentioning it. Lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	HUNT0061.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	24322212

I think I'm going to have to move on. Going to leave this camera up for a few more weeks, but this is all I've gotten on it so far.

Comment

Following.

Comment

Double posted
                          Last edited by Champlaya7; 08-13-2014, 06:55 PM. Reason: Double posted

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
                            Are you bowhunting, or are you rifle hunting? I didn't know that there was any rifle hunting in the LBJ.
                            No rifle hunting on LBJ, muzzleload and shotgun and bow only, though some units are shotgun and muzzleload only

Comment

[ATTACH]642584[/ATTACH]

I think I'm going to have to move on. Going to leave this camera up for a few more weeks, but this is all I've gotten on it so far.
                              I usually give a spot about 2 weeks to produce at least one buck (or a lot of doe for it will be a great spot during the rut) but if it seems slow move on. Still got a month and a half to find a good funnel, food source, creek crossing, all sorts of places you can find that might produce more deer than a little pond

Comment

[ATTACH]642584[/ATTACH]

Looks familiar....

Comment

Working...
                                X