Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use climbers.

Comment

Opening Weekend turkey hunting. Anyone have any luck?? I tried my hardest, but couldn't get the birds to talk

Comment

Wet this morning to grab my camera I left out last time I was hunting the LBJ in December. I found the tree that the camera was strapped to blown over. Camera still in good shape. Caught a pic of the biggest buck Ive seen on LBJ..Would be a dandy! 6 months baby!

Last edited by Leftridge; 04-03-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

that is a great buck.

Comment

Man that is a nice buck!! I went out last Saturday and did some scouting. Found a a great spot picked a tree for my tree stand picked a tree for my camera only to find that my camera didn't have the SD card in it lol! I was pretty upset but oh well I'll be out Saturday to put it up. Hope you shoot that nice buck this season buddy!

Comment

Went out monday. saw several turkey at a distance and a couple of red
              heads in the bunch, looked like jakes and a few hens. I was in my truck
              at the time and they did not seem alarmed at it. Went on past and got
              out and went a couple of hundred yards and set up dekes and tried to
              call. but couldn't get any interest.

Went to another area and walked way back in and did not find any sign of
              turkey in that area until I was walking back out. about 30 yards from my
              pick up, and about 10 yards from the fence, I flushed a hen who was
              apparently nesting or preparing to in a small mott of trees and brush.

I was less than 12 yards from her when she flew. That will get your
              heart rate up.

Comment

When can you go squirrel huntin out here? Been wanting to get my son in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
                  When can you go squirrel huntin out here? Been wanting to get my son in the woods.
                  Open season all year for squirrels. Shotgun only.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    Open season all year for squirrels. Shotgun only.
                    Froggy, are small caliber black powder rifles allowed for squirrel hunting on the grasslands?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddman View Post
                      Froggy, are small caliber black powder rifles allowed for squirrel hunting on the grasslands?
                      Yes, as long as they load through the muzzle.

Comment

No permit needded correct?

Comment

Can you guys school me on the hunter orange? How much is needed and when, only to and from or while sitting as well? And only during rifle season?

Also, where is the best place to leave your vehicle when wanting to walk in to a unit?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
                              Can you guys school me on the hunter orange? How much is needed and when, only to and from or while sitting as well? And only during rifle season?

Also, where is the best place to leave your vehicle when wanting to walk in to a unit?
                              144 sq inches front and back plus a orange hat are required during gun deer season even while on stand. Parking areas are provided at each unit or you can just park safely along the county roads and jump the fence.

No permit is required, just your state hunting license.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                                144 sq inches front and back plus a orange hat are required during gun deer season even while on stand. Parking areas are provided at each unit or you can just park safely along the county roads and jump the fence.

No permit is required, just your state hunting license.
                                Thank you sir! Just wanna be perfectly clear. Orange is NOT required during bow only ( October) correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X