2012 Lake Grapevine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    Syracuse's would be my choice for off season hogs.
    signed in just to say the same thing...LOL

Me and my huntin buddy are in the lotto as well....fingers crossed

Comment

I entered the lotto today too! I saw a doe and two yearlings earlier this year while fishing near dove loop. Looks like there will be a pretty good amount of TBHs out there this year!

Comment

forgot all about the sign up date. Anyone know if there are still general permits available?
        And what is the deadline to sign up for the lotto?

Comment

My buddy and I are going to enter the GV lottery again this year. Didn't get drawn last year but hopefully our luck will change. I do not understand folks not picking up the permit if they are drawn.

Also, my 4 year old and I are in for the workday if we are in town. It will give him a chance to break in his new chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            My buddy and I are going to enter the GV lottery again this year. Didn't get drawn last year but hopefully our luck will change. I do not understand folks not picking up the permit if they are drawn.

Also, my 4 year old and I are in for the workday if we are in town. It will give him a chance to break in his new chainsaw.

Comment

I think there will be a bunch of people sorely disappointed, when they are disqualified for this years lotto, for not filling out the end of season survey last season and mailing it in. It's the only way the Corps will get the feedback that they need to manage the property well. I made sure I wasn't one of them. I took it there and put it on the desk in person.

Comment

This is true, when dropping off apps/picking up permits they showed us the list of "rejects". If you are on that list, your app is pulled first and then double apps are pulled next. Good luck!

Comment

FYI, just dropped off an application this morning and they gave me lottery number 267. I've never even put boots on the ground at Grapevine, but it's time to start walking around. If someone was to share a little local knowledge, would you recommend scouting east or west of 377?

Comment

I had a general hunting permit last year, but no deer permit. I got over
                    there earlier this year and got in the lottery with number 118.

Comment

Dropped off my party today. Going to be a great year for those selected.

Comment

Every year is a great year, when your hunting the vine.

Comment

Good luck to all in the lotto .

Comment

Hello all. I've put in for a permit to deer hunt on the vine. I moved to Dallas from SE Texas in January and this will be my first season here. I'm also looking at LBJ Grasslands as an alternative in case I'm not drawn. Going to start scouting soon. Good luck everyone. Maybe I'll get drawn and run into some of you at the parking area.

P.S. I've been using a kayak to get to and from secluded waterfowl hunting locations for years. Any thoughts on applying the same technique at the vine to get away from the crowd?

Comment

[QUOTE=NorTex Hunter;5401189]Hello all. I've put in for a permit to deer hunt on the vine. I moved to Dallas from SE Texas in January and this will be my first season here. I'm also looking at LBJ Grasslands as an alternative in case I'm not drawn. Going to start scouting soon. Good luck everyone. Maybe I'll get drawn and run into some of you at the parking area.
                              QUOTE]

You might consider Lake Whitney. From what it looks like, lot of deer in that direction.

Comment

Sounds like a good reason to justify to the wife for me purchasing a kayak

Comment

Working...
                                X