No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party here and just discovered the public land option for hunting. I read this entire thread and am hoping the the SHNF is the spot for my first animal with a bow. I hope to start scouting next week and I do have a question about parking. Do you just park along the sides of the road or is there designated parking areas and then you go on from there? Thanks in advance guys and thank you for this awesome thread.

Comment

you can do both but you need to get your map and make sure these areas may be hunted.

Comment

Ok cool. I see the non-hunting areas marked on the map, are they marked in the park as well (signs, etc)?

Comment

I will toss the offer out again this year. I live in Willis and can help some people with the forest if needed .. toss me a pm and I can make some time to show you around the west side...

Comment

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
            have got some nice pictures of two ten points and even a twelve pointer but only two pics of him. set the cam up on a few other trails maybe hes useing those. oh yea also abunch of pigs out there moving you guys just need to go deep.

How deep and in what area of SHNF?? I have been trying to find pics out there this summer a few times already with no succes

Comment

I was thinking about going out there this saturday with me and my buddy. We would love for you to show us the west side and some areas where we can find some pigs

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic2105 View Post
                Do you just park along the sides of the road or is there designated parking areas and then you go on from there?
                Firemedic -- Yes I park along side the roads and near the gates that are at the beginnings of the forest roads. During hunting season most of these gates will be locked (although I believe you can go to the Ranger Station on FM 1375 and get a list of the gates that will be open during hunting season. Notice I said "near the gates" earlier, because if you park in front of the gate and block it you will get a ticket or possibly towed. -- Tod

Comment

Working...
                X