No announcement yet.

OSU Bull Rider dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading that story and looking at his picture just makes my heart hurt. I can’t imagine. I am not a real cowboy but I am an OSU Cowboy to the core - Rest In Peace Rowdy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
      I can’t believe you guys thinking it’s a matter to time for someone’s son, brother, cousin or whatever to get killed in a rodeo!
      I was invited to ride at a convention rodeo in Austin in front of several hundred if not thousand or so Japanese business owners and delegates. Afterword they said they were disappointed since nobody was killed

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Sad story, our hearts and prayers go out to the family.

Comment

Hats off and God Bless. Prayers for the family and friends.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I guess I fall into the crowd of “ play stupid games , win stupid prize”. Because I’ve nodded my head on that bull or bucking horse hundreds of times. Pretty obvious you never have. We all know the risk we take when we climb over that chute and nod... we know we may not walk out.. that being said doesn’t make it less tragic. Go back to playing with Barbie dolls. Rodeo family suffered a loss and it hurts all
                Yep. Praying for his family and his teammates. For someone that hasn't chased that feeling, I can't explain it. By the time you're at the level this kid was, you've seen and been in too many wrecks not to know the risk. I can guarantee you if someone had told him before the rodeo that he was going to be in a wreck, he'd still have climbed in, pulled his slack, and nodded.

As far as the play stupid games quote, sometimes the best thing to say is NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                  Yep. Praying for his family and his teammates. For someone that hasn't chased that feeling, I can't explain it. By the time you're at the level this kid was, you've seen and been in too many wrecks not to know the risk. I can guarantee you if someone had told him before the rodeo that he was going to be in a wreck, he'd still have climbed in, pulled his slack, and nodded.

As far as the play stupid games quote, sometimes the best thing to say is NOTHING.
                  I don’t know if Rowdy was on his Permit or a Card Holder, but you are right he was riding at a higher level.... not your backyard local bull buck out. The sport of rodeo isn’t for the faint of heart. Like you said if you’ve never chased it and experienced it, you won’t get it. It’s a mutual respect and friendship amongst those of us who have.

Comment

Originally posted by etbowhunter View Post
                    sometimes the best thing to say is NOTHING.
                    Yes sir.
                    A Mother lost her baby. A young man lost his brother.
                    Prayers for peace and comfort to his family and friends.
                    RIP Rowdy.

Comment

Godspeed Cowboy

Yes, it’s risky. So are many things that people do. Bull/bronc riding, wresting steers, hang gliding, parachuting, rock climbing, climbing Mt. Everest, working an ER, even driving to work.

Crap happens. But we don’t stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X