prayers needed - divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prayers needed - divorce

Wife and I are getting a divorce. We've tried to work through it for the last 2+ years. Actually we've been having problems on and off for 8 years but the last 2 have really gone down hill and the last 6 months was terrible. It's best for our happiness to split. We are both being agreeable on the divorce and only lawyer that we are getting involved is to review the material.

The prayers are needed for this afternoon when we tell the kids. It's going to kill me to tell them i'll only see them 50% of the time.

Once it's done tonight i'll be moving out into my travel trailer this weekend for about 2 months. That's the timeline he has to move out the house. Once she moves out, the plan is for me to move back into the house. We're doing this for the kids to let them finish out school from here.

I haven't had a drink in 6 months and could definitely use one but not yet. Trying to not do anything stupid! Probably will have a few with friends on Saturday night after it's all done.

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Wife and I are getting a divorce. We've tried to work through it for the last 2+ years. Actually we've been having problems on and off for 8 years but the last 2 have really gone down hill and the last 6 months was terrible. It's best for our happiness to split. We are both being agreeable on the divorce and only lawyer that we are getting involved is to review the material.

The prayers are needed for this afternoon when we tell the kids. It's going to kill me to tell them i'll only see them 50% of the time.

Once it's done tonight i'll be moving out into my travel trailer this weekend for about 2 months. That's the timeline he has to move out the house. Once she moves out, the plan is for me to move back into the house. We're doing this for the kids to let them finish out school from here.

I haven't had a drink in 6 months and could definitely use one but not yet. Trying to not do anything stupid! Probably will have a few with friends on Saturday night after it's all done.
    Prayers sent. Been there and done that. Worst thing you can do is start drinking to numb out. It'll make things exponentially worse in the long run. Ask me how I know. I'll be praying for you.

Comment

BTW - first person I told was Bill. I left him a voice mail - "Bill, I'm getting a divorce. Let's plan the elk hunt"

Anyone want to start to plan a caribou hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Prayers sent. Been there and done that. Worst thing you can do is start drinking to numb out. It'll make things exponentially worse in the long run. Ask me how I know. I'll be praying for you.
        yea i'm not trying to numb it out which is why i haven't had a drink

If i have some on saturday it will be to celebrate moving on and for happiness.

Comment

It will suck for awhile then you'll realize your actually spending more quality time with the kids and have alot more money somehow. Just remember you aren't the only one that's been through it and hopefully both of you can be reasonable and civil. I have always been civil with my ex when it comes to the kids.

Comment

As someone who went through the same thing last year I’ll be praying for you. It’s hard at first, but I promise it gets better.

Comment

Prayers. Stay away from the booze. Its very painful process, i know first hand. Do all you can to just love on the kids and assure them all will be okay. Get them everytime its your turn. Never miss a time.

Comment

Hate to hear this, but I guess sometimes its for the best.

Comment

Prayers up for Y'all.

Comment

Sorry you're going through this. Sounds like you and your soon-to-be ex are handling it well for the kids. Good on y'all.

Comment

I don't know your story or the details surrounding the disconnect between you and your wife. May you both encounter the truth of Jesus and the depth of his love for you, perhaps even to the point of repentance, reconciliation and restoration of your family. There is no hope aside from him and the fracture in your family that you and your wife are choosing to make will only get wider and impact generations to come.
                      Nothing is too difficult for God, the one you are asking us to pray to on your behalf. he can mend the broken heart but it takes willingness to choose connection.

Comment

Easy with the sauce Bud.....Prayers for your kids as they enter this transition.

Comment

Been there. It's hard but you are going to make it. I'll be praying for you.

Comment

Sounds exactly like my situation 26 years ago, my drinking was the issue, was sober 4 months when we finally split. We also used the same lawyer & she moved out & I stayed in the house. Telling the kids is tough, my youngest blamed herself, she was 10 at the time. If alcohol is a problem, do yourself a great favor & do without it, I have a great life now & so does my ex. Good luck my friend, not a fun time for a while.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. Sometimes it has to be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X