Deer Stand Skin-PVC Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Stand Skin-PVC Panels

Looks like am am gonna get my hands on some of these PVC Wall panels for fee. Looks like an ideal choice for skinning a deer stand. Not sure how well paint will adhere to them though.

Octaform PVC wall and ceiling panels quickly fasten to your structure and provides a wall that is resistant to mold, corrosion, fading and dirt.

Scuff them up with some sand paper and wipe them down good. The paint will adhere ok, but it will tend to scratch off.

Comment

From the FAQs on their site:
      so it appears you can with PVC paint.

Can I finish the interior or exterior walls?
      Octaform’s finished wall panels are designed to require no additional finishing. Our finished wall panels can be supplied in a number of different colors. If required, walls can be painted any color with PVC paint. Specialty firms can also finish the walls with wall facings such as acrylic stucco, siding, brick, and stone.

Comment

If paint wont stick very well. Leave it. Put it out right after season and by next season they wont pay it no mind even if it is white.

Comment

They make a plastic surface prep for paint. Google it and you wont be able to scrape the paint off afterwards.

Comment

Skinned a new blind with Coroplast panels last year and painted them inside and out. Worked great. Paint does scuff of pretty easy, but held up well so far. Beats the heck out of trying to skin it in plywood right now, with the high lumber prices. I'd say you should be good to go. Please post up some pics to document construction. Wish I had done a a DIY picture thread for my build.

Comment

use adhesion promoter

Comment

Zinser primer will help it stick. That is what I used on cloraplast. Still not as durable as wood but works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X