No announcement yet.

Car repaint cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your open to using a paint shop in Brenham, shoot me a pm. I have a dealership and use a little shop that puts out solid work for the money! I use them for small jobs all the way up to full repaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
      If your open to using a paint shop in Brenham, shoot me a pm. I have a dealership and use a little shop that puts out solid work for the money! I use them for small jobs all the way up to full repaints.

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        Don’t spend 10k with the wrong painter either...
        this is the absolute most important thing i can stress...i painted classics in a facility where we did frame off restorations on rotisseries and all...10k will get that car done and done right...ask to see some work that that painter has completed on classic cars...not his collision jobs...materials are really expensive....much time is spent getting it right....if someone tells you 5k or less id bet they are gonna skimp on material or time spent on it and that will directly reflect the appearance of the end product....a good painter thats getting paid well and takes pride in his work will WANT the job to look amazing...i painted everything as if another painter would be scrutinizing my work...make certain he is a guy that wants to sand and polish the clear so it is glass when finished

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post

What’s a dually like that worth?

Comment

PM sent I got a guy that will put a show quality paint job on your car for way less than some of the prices above

Comment

I thought these guys were in the $2,500 range. Here is a link.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post

https://www.maaco.com/landing/tax-499-overall-paint/
                Bwahahahaha, thank you for the laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post

https://www.maaco.com/landing/tax-499-overall-paint/

Lol. Starting at $499

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some good and bad info above..

Please dont take this personal.

You thinking its ready for paint vs reality of a good painters opinion will be DRASTICALLY different. Doing high quality paint work goes well beyond bodywork.
                    Lets break it down into stages.

Stage one: A GOOD bodyman does all the necessary rough in body work, cuts out cancer/rust and replaces and works panels does what bondo work that needs done or any glassing that needs to be done.
                    Stage two: A GREAT bodyman/bodymans helper will do the finer parts of finish bodywork, MULTIPLE coats of good primer and LOTS and LOTS of block sanding, sealer, etc this is the key to getting a ultra smooth slick glass finish and it TAKES TIME.
                    Stage three: A GOOD painter helper can do the paint prep, that means , air hosing, washing and cleaning the surface any finish wet sanding etc
                    Stage four: A Painter will do lots of tack rag love and painting, ensuring good coverage.
                    Stage five: A EVEN BETTER Painter will give it more tack rag loving and several good coats of clear, once again this takes time depending on how many coats you want with clarity and depth.
                    Stage six: THE MOST AWESOME GUY IN THE SHOP (THE BUFFER) will give it LOTS OF WET SANDNING and buffing for final product.

Depending on product line you can go from mild to wild on material costs, High Quality clears, paints , primers....
                    Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 05-02-2021, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I called about 15 shops and they all just want the insurance collision work....

So I picked it up yesterday, and basically it had sat at a body shop for a year and half. The problem is they actually sprayed the body and quarter panels of the car. But within that span they never painted the trunk, hood, doors, or fins/mudflaps.

The one shop that gave me a ball park number said $20K because they wanted to blast it all back down.

There maybe a lot of wet sanding and spraying in my future. Lol

Comment

If you can do some of the prep work, it can save some money as well. Here is a project I did a few years ago. Most of the prep was done by me and then paid for the final prep and paint.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Most collision shops just want the quick turn around money on collision work. You're going to have to find a shop that does custom work, and there is a reason why they are more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                            Most collision shops just want the quick turn around money on collision work. You're going to have to find a shop that does custom work, and there is a reason why they are more expensive.

Most collision shops won’t touch anything but insurance work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
                              If you can do some of the prep work, it can save some money as well. Here is a project I did a few years ago. Most of the prep was done by me and then paid for the final prep and paint.

One guy told me he won’t paint over somebody else’s prep work due to warranty reasons. Which I totally get.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                                What’s a dually like that worth?

Around $20k for as clean as that one was!

Comment

Working...
                                X