Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 700P

Hey guys,

Looking for some expert advice on Remington 700 police models. Found a new one at a gun store. 20” barrel with the HS precision stock. He’s telling me it has the 5R rifling from Remington. He’s asking $1,150. Is this a good price? I can’t find one on the internet to compare too. Do these guns shoot good? What sets these apart from a standard SPS tactical with an HS precision stock?

Thanks

The 5R barrel.

The one you found, it have a green or tan stock? I have the green (old version) and it is a joy to shoot.

Comment

I have a 300 and 308 in police models they seem to be a better fit and finish then the SPS. Plus used to you only got a HS stock on a police or sendero.

How they have the on the 5R and sps models.

Comment

I’m probably wrong, but I thought the 700P models came with 26” barrels and a black HS Precision stock?

I also thought the SPS Tactical came with a Hogue stock.

First Gen 5R came with a stainless barrel and green HS Precision stock, where the Gen 2 5R comes with black cerakote and a tan HS Precision.

Price seems to be what they sold for new back in the day.

Comment

Gonna be hard pressed to find new Remingtons. If he is selling a new one its one of the last.

Comment

It’s a got a black HS precision stock. 20” heavy barrel.

Thanks for the responses.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-01-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
              It’s a got a black HS precision stock. 20” heavy barrel.

Thanks for the responses.

Fluted barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I paid $1150 for a 26” barreled .308 with the 5R barrel several years ago. That’s a good price, and mine is a tack driver. Quarter sized pattern at 200 yards with factory load 165 SGK.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Looking for some expert advice on Remington 700 police models. Found a new one at a gun store. 20” barrel with the HS precision stock. He’s telling me it has the 5R rifling from Remington.
                  If it’s “new” the gun store should still have the original box which will have the model name and SKU printed on side. Pretty sure it’s a 700 Police .308 20" heavy 5R bbl SKU 86590. It’s a more recent production rifle with an x-mark trigger. The original 700 Police models had a 26” barrel.

MSRP was $1099 so dealer is asking more than retail, not uncommon in today’s crazy market
                  Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-01-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    If it’s “new” the gun store should still have the original box which will have the model name and SKU printed on side. Pretty sure it’s a 700 Police .308 20" heavy 5R bbl SKU 86590. It’s a more recent production rifle with an x-mark trigger. The original 700 Police models had a 26” barrel.

MSRP was $1099 so dealer is asking more than retail, not uncommon in today’s crazy market
                    10-4. Thanks for the solid info

Comment

I shot one of those in a 308 and it would shoot 1 ragged hole with 5 shots @ 100..
                      I tried hard to be the new owner but no luck!!

Comment

Not to hi Jack this thread but I had a REM 700 aac-sd 308 I never compared it just picked it up liked it and bought it.what’s the difference it it and the sps tactical or is it the same?

Comment

Same rifle ... https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...rifle/p/p53491

Comment

Good deal thanks!

Comment

Outstanding rifle-- I have the LTR 700P left handed- 20" barrel works great with a suppressor. I would replace the trigger because as Cajun said it is an x-mark variant and not a true 40x trigger.

Mine shoots itty bitty groups with 168 AMAX and 178 ELDMs

Comment

Working...
                              X