Glut of Photos -How to deal with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glut of Photos -How to deal with them?

With the onset of Iphone and photos being taken all the time, does anyone have a suggestion on how to save or manage these? I've got Icloud and shutterfly but I am hoping there is another way??

Are you an amazon prime member? I try to upload all to there to store. Pretty simple an it somewhat organizes them. I try to take time every once and a while to go through them and organize better.

I also have an external hard drive that I save all the pics to. No organization there for me unfortunately. Maybe one day when I have time.

Comment

I have an external hard drive on my IMac with a frightening amount of photos on it but zero organization.

Comment

I use the google storage. (as much as I hate google)

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
          Are you an amazon prime member? I try to upload all to there to store. Pretty simple an it somewhat organizes them. I try to take time every once and a while to go through them and organize better.

I also have an external hard drive that I save all the pics to. No organization there for me unfortunately. Maybe one day when I have time.
          I am a Prime member. I will check it out. I also have an external drive but need to organize it. I was hoping someone has an app or program of sorts??

Comment

Google Photos

Comment

I wouldn't willingly give anything over to Google or Amazon for storage...business, personal, or otherwise. I keep all my archivable files on a hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
                Google Photos
                This. Free and easy

Comment

Prime photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    I wouldn't willingly give anything over to Google or Amazon for storage...business, personal, or otherwise. I keep all my archivable files on a hard drive.
                    Not to be that guy, but I am afraid they probably already have them. But I appreciate your diligence

Comment

I use the Photos app built into iOS. Within Albums, I create a new one each year, named “2021” for example. All photos go into that year, making it easier to find.

I also create a Shared Album that I copy the photos to, and Invite my family members, so they have the photos on their iOS devices as well. Super easy and organized.

As an added bonus, I use the current year folder as the screensaver for our Apple TV, so it will display our most recent photos on the TV after a specified period of time. This is a big hit, especially when guests / friends are over.

I used to back up to Amazon Photos and an external HD, but I haven’t in probably two years. I don’t see the point anymore.

Even photos that I take with my Nikon, I do the exact same workflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                        Not to be that guy, but I am afraid they probably already have them. But I appreciate your diligence

Yep. Pretty sure you willingly gave them over when you agreed to the terms and conditions

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                          I use the Photos app built into iOS. Within Albums, I create a new one each year, named “2021” for example. All photos go into that year, making it easier to find.

I also create a Shared Album that I copy the photos to, and Invite my family members, so they have the photos on their iOS devices as well. Super easy and organized.

As an added bonus, I use the current year folder as the screensaver for our Apple TV, so it will display our most recent photos on the TV after a specified period of time. This is a big hit, especially when guests / friends are over.

I used to back up to Amazon Photos and an external HD, but I haven’t in probably two years. I don’t see the point anymore.

Even photos that I take with my Nikon, I do the exact same workflow.

Are you saying that your photos automatically go into the 2021 folder or do you have to move them there manually?

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post

How would they already have them if you never upload them to their server?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                              With the onset of Iphone and photos being taken all the time, does anyone have a suggestion on how to save or manage these? I've got Icloud and shutterfly but I am hoping there is another way??
                              What features do you want that those don't provide?

Comment

Working...
                              X