Best way to fix hog ruts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to fix hog ruts?

Have been doing a combination of box blade and back blading but it tears up the area even more.

Thinking on building a chain link drag with weights for the minor spots.
    Anything better I should consider.

heavy drag should smooth it out pretty good. I about to have to drag our pastures do the hogs.

Comment

Old electrical pole drag

Comment

Shoot the piggies often.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Shoot the piggies often.
          I do when I am out there every other week or so.
          Not nearly enough to make a dent.

Have three traps wired open and will set those suckers next trip.

Comment

Depends on soil. If you have a heavy clay, you pretty much have to disc it and drag it with a chain harrow or homemade pipe drag. If you have a soft sandy soil, sometimes a heavy chain drag harrow will work without disking.

Comment

Google Harley Rake or powered landscape rake. Game Changer

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                Oh my goodness. I just wasted way too much time watching a harley rake on youtube. That is AMAZING.

I think that I want to quit my job, purchase a harley rake, and level out the ground for anyone that'll hire me!

Comment

5 tires attached by chains...works great.

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                    Our pigs would come right behind us and make a deeper hole if we used that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                      Oh my goodness. I just wasted way too much time watching a harley rake on youtube. That is AMAZING.

I think that I want to quit my job, purchase a harley rake, and level out the ground for anyone that'll hire me!
                      Slick for sure but out of my $$$$ range.

Comment

I remember seeing someone here I think (tbh) that had a set of disc then a drag/ibeam or something like that hooked up behind the disc to smooth the ground out. A couple of farmers I know say they disc the ground then use a stage to smooth the ground.

Comment

We have an Armstrong Ag heave drag as well as a landscape rake. I think the heavy drag is faster and does just as well.

Comment

A friend of mine has a drag made out of 3 3' sections of railroad tracks chained together. Works a lot better than I expected, but you don't just pull that with a 4 wheeler.

Comment

Cut down the biggest cedar you can drag behind a SxS or tractor. Just drag it around in all directions. I have tried everything and have better result with a cedar tree. Drag in the direction the dirt is routed in first to drag the dirt back in the routine. Lift the cut end of the tree off the ground, or it will cut ruts in the ground dragging it. I just spread 8 yards of dirt in my yard from hogs.
                              Last edited by gonehuntin; 04-07-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X