• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Draw blood and that’s your buck 100%

If he shows back up then back at him.
    100% draw blood it’s your deer
    This buck was shot buy a hunters kid and lost , father wasn’t happy that it ended his season , I found the chewed up skull 2 years later, 50 yards back in some heavy cactus from the blind
    Attached Files

Comment

simple rule...I like it

The lease I was on a few years back had simple rules but the lease manager was the one who wouldnt follow or enforce....

Comment

Yes it is fair and we have that rule in place on our lease. If you draw blood, it is considered a kill until proven that he is alive and well (Game cameras, hunter sighting).

If you are on the fence about the rule, I would ask this question.....How many bucks would it take for a member to draw blood on and not recover for it to finally count as his "Buck for the year"?

I think the line has to be drawn somewhere, when there's other paid hunters involved. One bad hunter could wound/kill a bunch of bucks and hurt the lease for years to come if there's not some kind of rule in place.

Comment

I like it!!

Comment

Case by case

Comment

I agree, 100%. That's your buck for the year!

Comment

What's the validation for not being in favor of this rule?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Draw blood and that’s your buck 100%

If he shows back up then back at him.
                  I agree, but probably only the honest people will go by it. Deer hunting will make people do and say stupid *****. The rule being in place will at least make someone think carefully before pulling the trigger or letting an arrow fly.

Comment

Sounds fair to me. It would certainly make one practice more and not take shots they aren’t confident in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fair.

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
                        The guys that can't hit the broad side of a barn are against it.

Comment

I like the rule, but I also think it will lead to people not admitting to shooting a animal and not giving it the effort it takes to track one. I like to think a lease member wouldnt do that, but we all know there is someone who will.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                            I agree, 100%. That's your buck for the year!
                            Count doe in that too , I shot a MLD doe we couldn’t find and the bio marked In our harvest logbook “ dead lost”

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
                              A clean miss?
                              A grazing or other obviously non-lethal shot?
                              It not being law and completely arbitrarily made up?

However, if everyone agrees to it before joining/before the season though that's another thing.
                              Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 12-07-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Visible blood or tissue your deer for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X