No announcement yet.

Broadheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus Stingers or Buzzcuts. Fixed blade heads that are NOT new and improved.
    The early original design still is being made and killing deer.

Comment

Rage 2 blades and even rage 2 blade knockoffs. Ive NEVER had one not work. Blades may bend but ive never had one deflect or any of the others issues that are always brought up. And thats from 20 or so deer and probably 50+ pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
        Rage 2 blade! (I may be the only one on here using them).
        Ive always wondered about bow speed on people who say rages dont work or deflect. Im shooting 280 - 310fps depending on bow and never had a rage fail.
        Or maybe tip was rolled from previous harvest and was never checked or replaced����*♂️
        Last edited by Red_RaiderHTC; 10-11-2020, 07:30 AM. Reason: Error

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
          I have been shooting Slick Tricks for several years and I am having no issues with the flight, penetration or sharpness. Just one of several that are great BH's out there. Good luck and like someone said if your bow is tuned well you should get good arrow flight.
          Same here.

Comment

I prefer NAP Spitfire 100 grain 1.5” cut. Only killed three deer with a bow. 1st NAP Spitfire dropped the doe. Second NAP Spitfire made the spike explode with a clean pass through and a massive blood trail. 3rd deer was a nice 8 point buck with a Rage Hypodermic 2” cut... clean pass through, perfect double lung shot, but zero blood trail until about 10 yards from where he was standing when I shot. Found him after about 40 mins only 25 yards away, but gave me some anxiety haha. Was very strange that he didn’t drop blood for 10 yards, had I not started circling from 10 yards around his point of impact, I’d have never known he made a hard turn when running off in the brush. I even went back to trace the blood trail I found back to point of impact... nothing. Got lucky finding that first drop! Also, I found the arrow stuck in the cactus that was behind him when I shot and both blades were broken. NAP Spitfire blades never broke off... I’ll stick with NAP Spitfire from here on out for big bucks.
            Last edited by MJeep13; 10-11-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

GRs 125 gr. Whitetail special.
              Fixed I would go with Slick Tricks.

Sorry for the long read.

Comment

I’ll be the oddball, love me some RamCats

Comment

I've been on 300 or so blood trails.
                  I believe a moderate cut mechanical is the most forgiving go whitetail, flight, penetration,and durability all being important.

Good heads for 50 -60#
                  Rocket steelhead
                  Rage ss
                  Rage low ke
                  Sever 1.5
                  Afflictor 1.25- 1.5

60+ pounds my favorite had been the grave digger 125 all steel chisel tip

Good 65-70 heads
                  Three blade 1.5- nap spit, grim, rocket
                  Any good 2" 2 blade with a strong ferrell preferably steel

Comment

Grizzly Stiks 100 grain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

what's everyone's opinion on the muzzy 3 blade tracor, 100 or 125 grain? I've only been shooting a couple years, no experience with expandable,
                      I started with the tracor Muzzy because of the price point and another bow hunter's mentoring. Shooting 65lb with a blackout X arrow, have one that has had 2 pig passthroughs and a 3rd knock down that hit below back out the right lung but not a pass through. The arrow still looks good and the broadhead seems sharp as the others with a slight slight bend on one of the blades.

I keep in the quiver if I have hog versus deer shot. How may animals do you guys typically shoot with a broad ead for putting it away ?

Comment

Should have added I'm thinking of adding 2 expandable to the quiver for deer, others for pig.....ordered a couple swackers on sale they canceled the sale as they ran out of stock.

Also, if shooting through net on a blind ( I might do ) dont you need non-expandable full razor tip ?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_RaiderHTC View Post
                          Ive always wondered about bow speed on people who say rages dont work or deflect. Im shooting 280 - 310fps depending on bow and never had a rage fail.
                          Or maybe tip was rolled from previous harvest and was never checked or replaced����*[emoji3603]

Well wonder no more. My wife shoots them @50 lbs / 27” with no problems.
                          She shot this pig at 30 yds and i have it on film. Went down in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                            NAP Killzones here. No collars or anything to fool with. My last 5 archery deer were shot with them and I’ll be using them moving forward.

This right here great heads .

Comment

In my opinion, there’s not a broadhead out there that won’t do the job. Now are there some that are made with better materials, sharper blades, stronger ferrules? Sure. But if it’s a one shot deal, a tuned bow and any modern broadhead will do the job. Choosing one is just personal preference and what marketing sells to you the best.

That being said, I’ve downed a lot of critters with the Shuttle T-Lock. This year I’m carrying Exodus and Wasp Havalon just to change things up a bit. I shy away from mechanicals specifically from a penetration standpoint. Sure, folks have great results all over the world with them. But, if the shot misses the X and hits bone, I’d rather have a fixed blade doing the work than flimsy mechanical blades.

Make sure your blades are sharp and hit where you aim and it won’t matter the broadhead.

Comment

I’ve been shooting VPA 125’s no vented blades. I just like the fact there are zero moving parts to fail and i don’t have to replace the blades. I sharpen them myself so I know there sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X