Esophageal cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esophageal cancer

A friend of mine has drank for most of the 32 years I’ve known him. A couple of weeks back he was scoped and they found a tumor that took up over half his throat. Said the cancer was in his lymph nodes as well. I looked it up and the article said smoking and drinking were the number one and two causes of this.
    It is stage 3. Do any of y’all know of anyone surviving this at stage three?
    He had his first chemo treatment today and lasted approximately five hours from start to finish. I’m hopeful that if he can’t be cured that the treatment can make him feel better, and give him more time to spend with his family and the second love of his life. Fishing. He lives in Rockport and fished everyday until he started becoming symptomatic. Send a prayer up for him if you have a mind to. His name is Tim. Thanks y’all.

Prayers Up.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

can he beat it ? SURE as God performs miracles happen all the time.
              State of mind is crucial in cancer treatment

IMO, Tim has 2 options:
              FIGHT - quit drinking, listen to his doctors, and focus on his cancer treatment & recovery

or FLIGHT - throw in the towel and say screw it while continuing to drink

I'm praying he kicks cancer's Arse b/c I believe in miracles

Comment

Did they do surgery yet? Stage 3 usually involves surgery at some point. Chemo and radiation can help him beat this. The power of prayer! Prayers lifted!

Todd

Comment

Prayers up

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do to Cajun. But before the chemo started I had called him and asked him how he slept the night before. Said he had “a couple of drinks and slept better”. I was kinda shocked and disappointed at the same time. I’m thinking “do you not know your in a battle for your life”?i Just couldn’t understand why a person would do that But then again he might have thought “what difference will it make now”? I didn’t say anything afterwords. Just trying to keep his spirits up.
                    Ar they wouldn’t do surgery because it’s in his lymph nodes according to the doctor. I was hoping they would go in there And remove a section of the esophagus and move his stomach up and reconnect it.

Comment

prayers

Comment

My brother survived it but barely. He never smoked or drank. Went about 60 days without eating hardly anything. Had feeding tube but it didn’t work. He went from 180lbs to 120. I will keep your friend in my prayers

Comment

Lost my father in law to it last July and my cousins husband has it and they just placed him on hospice last week. Multiple causes of it people with bad reflux can get it. It’s a really aggressive cancer that spreads over the body. survivabilty for one year from diagnoses is not real high like 10%. Miracles happen everyday though, prayers for your friend

Comment

Thanks Phil. I’m hopeful. I’ve lived long enough and experienced the deaths of two set of parents, other relatives, and friends and know and believe that God has the last word in everything. Don’t always understand why He does or allows what He does. That’s way above my paygrade

Comment

Breaks my heart reading this! I have nothing good to say except ill pray for yall!

I just lost one of my best friends about a month ago. Worked with him for almost 30 years. He retired last year and got diagnosed in December. Found out his daughter was pregnant with his first grandchild the next day. He passed about a week before that beautiful little boy was born. Saddest journey I've ever been part of but he knew where he was going and we will see him again!

I will pray for Tim, his doctors, and his family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X