In Need of Volunteers at Church in Waco - 6/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Need of Volunteers at Church in Waco - 6/26

Howdy TBH brothers and sisters. I know i haven't been a regular on the site like I used to but God's been working in my life and keeping me busy. Our family has been especially busy the last few months after I was called to be the pastor of a church re-plant in Waco!

The church stopped worshipping back in December and my family and I intend to restart it with people from the community it is located in (North Waco). To do that, we need to be a part of the community and living at the church property is one way we hope to accomplish that. We are in the process of converting one of the church buildings into living quarters for my family and I. We have a volunteer and a local contractor lined up to do some work for us but we need help finishing demolition/removal of old materials before they can start. We have fluorescent lights to be removed, linoleum flooring to take out, wood paneling to be taken down (after being cut at the drop ceiling grid), and cabinets to be removed.

We have a work day scheduled for Saturday, June 26 and have a few people coming out to help, but many of our usual volunteers aren't able to come out that day. Are there a few TBH peeps in or near the Waco area that are willing to come out Saturday and help? It's inside work and we'll have the AC running, plus you'll be fed and have plenty of refreshments available!

Here's a link to our current church website: waco.lcmctexas.org/how-can-they-preach-unless-they-are-sent/

Please let me know here or via DM if you can make it so we can plan accordingly!

God Bless,
    Chris

Chris I’m in Waco and would be happy to help- but we have a ball tournament this Thursday-Sunday. Shoot me a PM and let’s connect on maybe another day I can come out and help, or maybe depending on my game schedule get over there at some point if it has to be that day.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
      Chris I’m in Waco and would be happy to help- but we have a ball tournament this Thursday-Sunday. Shoot me a PM and let’s connect on maybe another day I can come out and help, or maybe depending on my game schedule get over there at some point if it has to be that day.
      Thanks! If we don't get enough done on Saturday/this weekend, I will probably be taking off work and working up here most of next week.

Comment

To share a little more info, we only have one local family left from the previous congregation and they aren't young folks. We currently live about an hour and a half from Waco and are commuting the hour and half from Thrall to Waco to work on the building as we are able. I will be a bi-vocational pastor that doesn't take a salary from the church and will rely on my non-church job to support my family. Members of our home congregation in Thrall are helping as they're available.

We have had good success fundraising to pay for these renovations.

We could really use the extra hands this weekend to make way for getting the new LED lights installed and for the contractor to get started hanging dry wall.

Comment

I would be there but signed up to work an EJ Saturday.

Comment

Up for the morning crowd to see.

Comment

I'll pass this along to my daughter and SIL in Waco. They might be able to help spread the Word.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                I'll pass this along to my daughter and SIL in Waco. They might be able to help spread the Word.
                Thank you!

Comment

Bump for a good man.

Hey guys. Most of us live a long way from Waco. But if you feel so led, please visit the church's Amazon gift registry to help with the remodel so Pastor Chris and family can get moved in by the time school starts. Here's the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Bump for a good man.

Hey guys. Most of us live a long way from Waco. But if you feel so led, please visit the church's Amazon gift registry to help with the remodel so Pastor Chris and family can get moved in by the time school starts. Here's the link.

https://www.amazon.com/registries/cu...w70zPM5txKFrvE
                    Thanks Chew! Much appreciated!

Comment

TTT

Comment

Hi Chew and Chris, can you check that Amazon link? I went to look - I get this:
                        Unrecognized Gift List
                        Your Gift List Type is not matched.
                        Explore all Gift Lists

thank you, KJ

Comment

Chew and Chris, please disregard. Went to the Church website, found the Amazon link there.

It is working. KJ

Comment

Chris, you might be interested in visiting with pastor Steve Cochran, of Crosswalk Church in Roundrock. He moved from this area several years ago and started this church, I believe from scratch. He may have some advice on building your church. If you would like to contact him, I will be happy to make the introduction. He lives in Hutto and is a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              Chris, you might be interested in visiting with pastor Steve Cochran, of Crosswalk Church in Roundrock. He moved from this area several years ago and started this church, I believe from scratch. He may have some advice on building your church. If you would like to contact him, I will be happy to make the introduction. He lives in Hutto and is a great guy.
                              Thanks Randy! I have a group of church plant pastors from across the state that I will be part of once we get moved up to Waco. They meet via zoom so we're able to get together pretty regular. I also have a mentor from the association we are part of. Take care!

Comment

Working...
                              X