Tree/Bush Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree/Bush Identification

Good evening fellas. I was exploring a new property in Oklahoma today and came across some trees/shrubs I was hoping the green screen could help me identify. This property is near Holdenville, OK for reference.

First one is what looks to me like maybe some sort of fruit tree. This was at the old home place and was definitely planted by someone. There are several staked out in a line. Pear?

Next one is some sort of shrub. Some of it is 2’ tall. Some 6-8’. Woody stem

Next is some sort of small bushy looking tree. There are quite a few on the property.

Next is papery tree. It almost looks like pecan but is not. There were some shrivelled up berries still holding on from last year

Lastly, is this switch grass?

Thanks in advance for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping it up for the morning guys.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I think the shrubby tree is a plum and the grass is big bluestem I believe.

Comment

The grass does look like switchgrass, but other than that I can't make much of those pics. If you are able to get more pics, closeups of leaves are really what you want as well as closer pics of bark and stems and stuff.
          Last edited by Wile E.; 04-19-2021, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Not familiar with Oklahoma but if they were here the first two pics look like either tame plum or possible peach. The bushy ones look like wild plum. Smaller fruit than the tame.
            Not sure on the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
              I think the shrubby tree is a plum and the grass is big bluestem I believe.
              That will be awesome if they are plums

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
              The grass does look like switchgrass, but other than that I can't make much of those pics. If you are able to get more pics, closeups of leaves are really what you want as well as closer pics of bark and stems and stuff.
              Thanks. I will try next time I'm out

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Not familiar with Oklahoma but if they were here the first two pics look like either tame plum or possible peach. The bushy ones look like wild plum. Smaller fruit than the tame.
              Not sure on the other stuff.
              Y'all have got me excited with this plum talk.

Comment

there is an app (dont remember the name) that you can take a pic of the leaves and it will tell you what kind it is.

Comment

I can't tell for sure, but the 5th and 6th pictures look like like wild persimmons tree. It would help to have close up pictures of the bark and leaves. The rest I really cant see enough to tell or just flat have no idea.

In the first two pictures, I can see you have some type of critter hole near that tree, looks like it has been used for years. Possibly a fox den.

Comment

Not bluestem. We call that stuff up here bear grass.

Comment

Download the app 'Picture this". It is addicting to go around and picture any plant and it will tell you what it is. Even if it looks bad, unhealthy, it will tell you what to do. It's free also.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                        Download the app 'Picture this". It is addicting to go around and picture any plant and it will tell you what it is. Even if it looks bad, unhealthy, it will tell you what to do. It's free also.
                        I agree with this but it's only a 7 day free trial- after that $30 yr but still not bad

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will have to try the app. I am always curious about plants

Comment

The grass is 100% Switchgrass.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                              I agree with this but it's only a 7 day free trial- after that $30 yr but still not bad
                              I’ve been using it for months, haven’t paid a dime for it. Top right hand corner is the X to close the subscription page.

Comment

Working...
                              X