No announcement yet.

2021 College Softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softball/ Baseball two different sports. About like comparing baseball to cricket. Both entertaining. If they just wouldn’t do stupid chants it would be much better.

Comment

BIG upset today Oklahoma getting beat by JMU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Lol at softball being better tgan baseball. That's just silly. I wath some games though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Not silly, the girls can play. And the game itself is at least as good, if not better. More strategy involved. Like old school baseball. More bunting, base stealing, not just everyone trying to go yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Softball is fine, I enjoy high level softball. It’s not close to as good as baseball.

There are 1000 people in a parking garage in OKC watching the Big 12 tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Doesn't mean it isn't as good, just not as popular. Girls are still catching up skill wise, but they are getting better every year. They are getting better coaching these days, and are starting to play at an earlier age.
          I see it because my daughter plays and in the ten years she has been playing collegiate players are getting better every year. It will reach a leveling our point, but you would be surprised at how athletic some of them are.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
            Doesn't mean it isn't as good, just not as popular. Girls are still catching up skill wise, but they are getting better every year. They are getting better coaching these days, and are starting to play at an earlier age.

I see it because my daughter plays and in the ten years she has been playing collegiate players are getting better every year. It will reach a leveling our point, but you would be surprised at how athletic some of them are.
            You don't have a son I'm guessing?

Comment

I understand. It IS a great game. Our high school softball team was very good and I dated a girl on it. I traveled all over the state watching them.

It’s just not on the same level as baseball to me, especially at the college level.

Comment

What does that have too do with what Bowhunter is saying??? Oh and by the way I don't have son either.

Comment

Not silly, the girls can play. And the game itself is at least as good, if not better. More strategy involved. Like old school baseball. More bunting, base stealing, not just everyone trying to go yard.

This is not necessarily the case from what I see, and I’ve watched a lot of both recently.

Comment

It is a fast game that I now prefer over baseball. I asst coach a good 18u team and how fast that ball comes off those bats with 60 ft bases is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                      What does that have too do with what Bowhunter is saying??? Oh and by the way I don't have son either.
                      It has everything to do with it. Lol.

Comment

Other than 2 hours versus 3 hours of your time, there is plenty of small ball and gorilla ball in both. Pitchers can go on for days in softball, not the case in baseball. Too many different variables at play. I enjoy both, even more so when a James Madison knocks off a 50-2 favorite.

We're about to witness Davids knocking off Goliath's in the baseball world as well.

Comment

I enjoy both as well. I'm watching now.

Comment

No I don't, and I can see that having something to do with it. But I played a lot of baseball in my day, and was pretty decent. From playing, watching and coaching I would venture to say I am pretty knowledgeable about the game. My focus has turned to softball because my daughter plays. When she started I didn't watch any college SB, but over the years I have grown to where I look for it before baseball.
                            My neighbor is a tenured scout for a professional baseball team, has family members who play college and pro ball. My daughter went to his hitting facility recently and he watched her and gave her a few pointers. After telling her swing was better than most boys around her age and that she was hitting the hell out of the ball.
                            We all have our opinions obviously, which is what this discussion is. And obviously on average, boys are stronger and faster than girls. But skill wise, girls are improving and closing the gap due to several factors. Softball is a great game, very similar to baseball but with obvious differences. There are things I like about it better than baseball the way it is currently played.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              This is not necessarily the case from what I see, and I’ve watched a lot of both recently.

Can you elaborate a little more? I watch both frequently as well and I see very little moving base runners and stealing any more in baseball. It is more drastic at the pro level obviously. The dimensions of the field also dictate some it as well, so in that respect they are two different games.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Other than 2 hours versus 3 hours of your time, there is plenty of small ball and gorilla ball in both. Pitchers can go on for days in softball, not the case in baseball. Too many different variables at play. I enjoy both, even more so when a James Madison knocks off a 50-2 favorite.

We're about to witness Davids knocking off Goliath's in the baseball world as well.
                                This is true, a dominant pitcher can carry a team farther in softball than in baseball due to the fact they can pitch longer and more often. I am sure there is more small ball in high school baseball, but I don't see a lot of it. The higher up you go in baseball though, the less there is.

Comment

Working...
                                X