Awesome ram, big congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      **** that's a nice one!

No mouflon in 4, they're all in 5.
      Not a mouflon!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

We went to Amistad and had a good turnout. Now for the bad news. We spoke to a park ranger and he said that they are going to eradicate any and all non native species from the park (hog, muflon, auodad). They will start an operation by trapping and shooting them on sight. The operation will run continuously for a good while (maybe the entire year). Park rangers will be equipped with rifles and will shoot them on site. This information came from a park ranger. If they are going to do that then it I for one will not be traveling 7 hours to just hunt whitetails when I can do it at home. If you don't agree with what the park is doing then contact your congressman or whoever will listen to get them to stop this. This operation will be getting started soon so it may be too late.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
          We went to Amistad and had a good turnout. Now for the bad news. We spoke to a park ranger and he said that they are going to eradicate any and all non native species from the park (hog, muflon, auodad). They will start an operation by trapping and shooting them on sight. The operation will run continuously for a good while (maybe the entire year). Park rangers will be equipped with rifles and will shoot them on site. This information came from a park ranger. If they are going to do that then it I for one will not be traveling 7 hours to just hunt whitetails when I can do it at home. If you don't agree with what the park is doing then contact your congressman or whoever will listen to get them to stop this. This operation will be getting started soon so it may be too late.

What they need to do is shoot all the domestic sheep and goats running around first, then worry about the other game animals.

Comment

What they need to do is shoot all the domestic sheep and goats running around first, then worry about the other game animals.
            Those are getting killed also

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
              Those are getting killed also

Um... If they wanted domestics gone, they should've added them to the game list. They're easy enough to sneak up on that I'm sure the hunters could take them out in one season.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                Um... If they wanted domestics gone, they should've added them to the game list. They're easy enough to sneak up on that I'm sure the hunters could take them out in one season.
                If they wanted the exotics gone, they should’ve opened it up to muzzleloaders, with a draw system. Have to take a ewe before you get a ram, only four hunters in the unit at a time, just keep pulling names until the sheep ran out. Or ran off. Folks would have lined up around the block for a chance at that, but instead WE’RE PAYING for exterminators, essentially. This some bullchit.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                  If they wanted the exotics gone, they should’ve opened it up to muzzleloaders, with a draw system. Have to take a ewe before you get a ram, only four hunters in the unit at a time, just keep pulling names until the sheep ran out. Or ran off. Folks would have lined up around the block for a chance at that, but instead WE’RE PAYING for exterminators, essentially. This some bullchit.
                  Agreed

Comment

I think even then it would've been ineffective so long as the other side of the lake (next to the neighborhood) was off limits. That's where the majority of the mouflon hung out most of the time (at least during season).

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                      Park rangers aren't the brightest. Most graduate A&M

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

He's right you know...and when they go to lunch the TU graduate serves them the best McDonalds fries ever!

Comment

Well haven’t been on here in awhile, are all the exotics still gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
                          Well haven’t been on here in awhile, are all the exotics still gone.
                          Dig the new avatar buddy, that from this year?

I've got no info on the exotics but curious myself.

Comment

Anyone ever hunt area 4?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
                              Anyone ever hunt area 4?
                              Yes

Comment

Yes
                                Any details? My son is at an age where he wants to bow hunt. He's been shooting in the backyard and at Alvardo for years, but he said that he thinks that he's ready to try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X