How many only hunt in the evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, i'm convinced that i've spooked deer on the way in to hunt in the mornings. We just don't have setups that allow for unnoticed early morning entrances. I've seen a couple of guys mention on here that they only hunt the evenings for just that reason. How many of you do that?

I want to, but i think i'm going to feel guilty for laying in in the mornings. Anyone have similar feelings? I assume you get over that pretty quickly.

The main thing i want to know is, if you do this practice, have you noticed a benefit? Thanks for any insight.

My wife, because she hates mornings

Comment

the only benefit really is more sleep. lol I love watching the woods come alive so ill never give up morning hunts.

Comment

Kill all my big deer during the rut in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those guys that sit out the morning hunt just made an excuse because they are scared of the walk to the stand in the dark. lol

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            Those guys that sit out the morning hunt just made an excuse because they are scared of the walk to the stand in the dark. lol
            Or TOO hungover from night before! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
              the only benefit really is more sleep. lol I love watching the woods come alive so ill never give up morning hunts.

This. It’s one of the few things in this world that turns my mind off.

Comment

Weekend warriors who drive to the lease on Friday night get two morning hunts and one weekend hunt. Would be crazy to hunt only afternoons imo even though I get to hunt more than that. I love watching the morning wake up as well.

Comment

Just sit somewhere else, you may get a surprise stand/feeder avoider.

Comment

How can you go in during the afternoon unnoticed and not in the morning? Where we hunt there is lots of farming activity and the deer dont seem too disturbed by vehicles, sounds, etc.

My brother is a night owl and would rather get to his stand around 9am. LOL.

If you dont go hunt in the morning, isn't there a standing rule that you must have breakfast cooked when the hunters return?

Comment

I like morning hunts better anyways cause you are hunting into day light....many other reasons as well but i would never give up my morning hunts.

Comment

I alsways get to my stand in the dark and allow the woods to get settled back down
                        Up to an hour if I am not with family
                        Nothing better than being out at the lease In the morning with no traffic, no dogs barking and no jets overhead. Just calm nature.
                        But there are some stAnds I prefer the evening hunts.

Comment

I get to the stand at least an hour or hour and half before daylight. Maybe your getting to your stand to late. I like morning hunts better because when you do shoot something your tracking him in the daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            Exactly. And, these same girlie men are the first back to camp in the evening because they aren't in their stands till dark.
                            I had a climbing stand in SHNF, years back that I showed my BIL and let him use it. The next time I went to the place where I hid it, I found the stand haphazardly thrown to the ground as if he realized it was getting dark and he wanted to get the heck out of dodge.
                            In the mornings, he also didn't leave his truck until daylight. Still wonders why he didn't shoot deer in SHNF while I did. LOL

Comment

I hate waking up early.. but like others have said, theres nothing like watching the woods wake up

Comment

Working...
                              X