Have you gone yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you gone yet?

And loaded up at the grocery store? I have not and will not. We went yesterday after watching a move and left without anything after walking around with amazement. I ran a meat market and was in the supermarket business for 31 years and never seen a meat counter look like the HEB in Granbury did unless it was out(no refrigeration). Luckily my wife keeps our pantry well stocked(for 2 people) all of the time and I have a years supply of ground brisket in the freezer plus a variety of other meats. I feel bad for the employees who are having to work thru the madness and try to keep the aisles stocked. There is also no way that you can process enough meat to meet the demand right now. I bet you that the grocery store scare will be over in a week.

I walked into the sprouts behind my fire station yesterday to buy apples to put into my tuna. That place was so packed I turned right around and walk out.

Comment

I stopped at HEB in Columbus on the way home this morning just to pick up a few things we needed. Wasn’t terrible. Apparently there was a run on potatoes, didn’t want any but noticed the pats toe section was bare. Only thing I couldn’t get that I needed was eggs.

Comment

Lisa and I did our normal late week call in on Thursday and doubled up on some things just to be safe. I told her we are not buying anything I can't use at the lease if this all blows over quickly. No big deal, no panic, no over the top buying...no "not going on pure principal"..... they delivered it right to our vehicle and we went on our merry way.

The boss left Dawn dishwashing liquid off our survival list so I pulled out the "AR-14" and 300 rounds and went scavenging for some on Sat am... Found it at Walgreens down from the house on the first stop....no bullets fired...
        Last edited by Smart; 03-14-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I walked into the sprouts behind my fire station yesterday to buy apples to put into my tuna. That place was so packed I turned right around and walk out.
          You put apples in tuna? Never heard of that before.

Comment

My wife bought some canned goods, rice and some snacks. Certainly not hoarding. I bought a couple cases of beer. We actually could use some toilet paper but can’t find it. I’m not worried, shower is next to the toilet and I got a 19000 gallon pool if needed. May have to throw in a couple more chlorine tablets if the shower runs dry. Crazy Days.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

I am hoping the grocery store returns to normal middle of this week

Comment

Went around 11:30 today at HEB in SA. Wasn’t packed, had toilet paper but no chicken or pork or eggs and milk. Prime steaks and brisket left but I got a freezer full of deer meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was kind of amazed that people will fight over hamburger meat at $5.00 per pound but there are stacks of brisket at $2.70...don’t they know how hamburger meat is made?

Comment

My wife got three weeks of groceries before the panic. I still have a lot of venison in the freezer also.

Comment

We stocked up on can goods and soups. We live in the country. If a deer dies to feed my family. So be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grated apples in tuna is great

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            I was kind of amazed that people will fight over hamburger meat at $5.00 per pound but there are stacks of brisket at $2.70...don’t they know how hamburger meat is made?
                            In all fairness to their stupidity, they bought all the 2.70 brisket and left the prime ones at my heb lol.

Comment

Nope....Country Boy Will Survive! I have been at ACE Hardware twice as I am fertilizing my yard, putting down grub control and fungicide for gray spot. Gotta be ready for the spring rains on Tuesday. Gonna be another BEST YARD award in my future.

Comment

Working...
                              X