Buck ration (soybeans) good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck ration (soybeans) good?

Tried a search but keep getting error message. Been debating a protein plan, since I live so far from the lease I'm thinking about just supplementing with roasted soybeans & corn mix. Can feed it through spinner feeder and regulate keeping it full better. I know it's not as good as regular protein pellet but will it be enough to make a difference in antler quality and overall health? Would feed it all year if they take to it. Anyone using it with good results?

We use it as an attractant and dont expect horn quality/heath to improve.

Comment

I used it on my in-laws and the deer loved it... what we get is roasted soybean/corn mix claims 16% protein. We always had good antler quality so I know it helped. We use it to supplement now with regular protein. Putting the mix in the spin feeders

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        We use it as an attractant and dont expect horn quality/heath to improve.
        Is that based on the deer just not getting enough each day? The deer hit the corn all year on my place. I'm wanting to add to the quality. I live too far to keep a free choice full.

Comment

You wont get improvement from a spin feeder, cant throw enough to supplement. Look into cotton seed, hay and planting.

Comment

The problem I have with corn soybean and the claims at percentages is that deer have to eat the soybean and corn in the right ratio to achieve the 16% the packaging claims. In my case, they ate the corn and wouldn't touch the soybean, therefore getting zero extra protein. If they picked out the soybean and didn't touch the corn, the percentage will be skewed the other direction.

Comment

I used it everywhere I've been and it's definitely brought the deer in. Now as stated above, the only true way to improved the heard is: planting, cottonseed and protein with planting being the absolute best way.

Comment

I can tell you that based on crop damages from deer on our soybean farm in Kansas, deer love soybeans! They grow off pretty big as well, probably works just as well as a protein pellet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X