No announcement yet.

Abbott turns tyrannical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess everyone on here that won’t wear a mask can assume that if places like Academy and Bass Pro/Cabelas require masks to enter they’ll go out of business? And since all HEB’s have required masks I hope everyone has somewhere else to shop for 10min to get that brisket for the weekend?

Comment

I find myself laughing about the masks deal....follow me here:

I took my sons out tonight for some hog shooting. Get in my spot about 9 and realize real quick I forgot to put thermacell back in my bag...dang bugs are bad
      It's 300% humidity tonight. Then I remember, I have my camo mask. Out it comes. Cover my head so just my eyes show....ahhh bugs no more.
      I sit here for an hour or so before it hits me...I will sit for hours in the woods with this mask on, but I am rather rebellious when I am not hunting.

I'm wearing this bad boy everywhere I go starting tomorrow..

Well, actually today since it is now after midnight. Maybe the virus won't see me in camo and just move on.

Should we start a camo headnet/mask movement?

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        Just get in the box car.....
        But only after you've had your vaccination!!!

Comment

complaining about it here on the green screen is not going to help.
          Y'all need to organize into a movement
          And get some attention
          Try stripping down to your MAGA caps and running through the aisles of you local HEB screaming "Herd Immunity, Herd Immunity, Herd Immunity" during the time slot for senior citizens and immune compromised.

You might get enough air time to seriously cramp the styles of the other movements and organizations seeking media attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            I find myself laughing about the masks deal....follow me here:

I took my sons out tonight for some hog shooting. Get in my spot about 9 and realize real quick I forgot to put thermacell back in my bag...dang bugs are bad
            It's 300% humidity tonight. Then I remember, I have my camo mask. Out it comes. Cover my head so just my eyes show....ahhh bugs no more.
            I sit here for an hour or so before it hits me...I will sit for hours in the woods with this mask on, but I am rather rebellious when I am not hunting.

I'm wearing this bad boy everywhere I go starting tomorrow..

Well, actually today since it is now after midnight. Maybe the virus won't see me in camo and just move on.

Should we start a camo headnet/mask movement?

.....and God Bless America.
            It has nothing to do with the mask or staying 6ft away from someone, it’s the fact that someone is telling me what I have to do. Yes I agree with laws that keep peace and order in society and are used to deter criminals, but not for something stupid !
            Mask are a choice, not a command

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument. I don’t believe there are complete/sufficient studies that show the effectiveness or lack there of in regards to using masks(or even show if they can facilitate the spread as some on here have suggested).

In our county, in the last three weeks positive cases have gone from 30ish to 270ish positive cases. For perspective the number of test performed went from 1300ish to 4200ish in that same time frame.

I have no way of knowing hospitalization numbers or I would provide those as well. Zero deaths have been reported as a result of the current and or past cases. I am not trying to tell people to wear or not to wear a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                It has nothing to do with the mask or staying 6ft away from someone, it’s the fact that someone is telling me what I have to do. Yes I agree with laws that keep peace and order in society and are used to deter criminals, but not for something stupid !

Mask are a choice, not a command
                This! It's not about the mask. It's about forcing compliance on citizens via a $250 fine sans a law that said citizens didn't get to vote on! That's dictator level governance and some of you are good with it. I'm dumbfounded how much freedom the current public is willing to give up so the government can keep you safe. What's next folks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m guessing since we don’t get to Celebrate our Freedom the curve should be in decline by Monday. Be good little sheep everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    This! It's not about the mask. It's about forcing compliance on citizens via a $250 fine sans a law that said citizens didn't get to vote on! That's dictator level governance and some of you are good with it. I'm dumbfounded how much freedom the current public is willing to give up so the government can keep you safe. What's next folks?

Exactly!! I swear some people would fight to be first in line to get in the boxcars if the Government told them to. It’s really amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post

Same here for me. I have a bandana im my back left pocket 365 days a year but I be danged if anyone is gonna make me put it on.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                        complaining about it here on the green screen is not going to help.
                        Y'all need to organize into a movement
                        And get some attention
                        Try stripping down to your MAGA caps and running through the aisles of you local HEB screaming "Herd Immunity, Herd Immunity, Herd Immunity" during the time slot for senior citizens and immune compromised.

You might get enough air time to seriously cramp the styles of the other movements and organizations seeking media attention.
                        According to the guidelines, this would be a completely permissible action

Comment

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
                          -Albert Camus

Comment

How about we lay off the wheel chair jokes fellas. We can disagree and argue in a civil manner. He's still our Governor and still a fellow Texan. Leadership requires unpopular decisions. I don't agree with it either, l also wear a mask in public because my wife is a transplant patient.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              I'm 66 with a history of pulmonary embolisms so I really don't want to see if I'm healthy enough to survive it or not. Pretty sure I'm going to get it just hoping for a light case and nothing severe. When I was young I was invincible too.
                              It's not about guys under 50 being internet tough guys thinking they're invincible.

Go ahead and list all the deaths of healthy people under 50.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                                So no sort of preventative measure against this is worth doing? We are either going to get it or not no matter what we do?

Don’t think anyone is saying the mask is going to fix it, at least I’m not. But I just don’t really buy that there’s nothing we can do to help prevent it.
                                Yes, that is 100% correct. The CDC even said that at the start of this mess. 65% or so will catch this before it's over.

They "only" want to slow the curve so hospitals are not overwhelmed. Now everyone wants to slow the spread to a crawl. But they never stop to think that it will take 20 years to get past this if slowed down that much.

Go to the original COVID thread. It's all in there..curve charts and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X