No announcement yet.

Draw hunts / Hagerman Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I didn’t know that for all these years there was a Fred Bear sitting in every treesstand in Hagerman. How will anyone ever kill a deer now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Man I didn’t know that for all these years there was a Fred Bear sitting in every treesstand in Hagerman. How will anyone ever kill a deer now?

i agree with WCB here, its not that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Nope. But if going to one 6 hour class is too hard for you, hagerman for sure is.

Comment

Wow...[emoji2962]..is everything drama now? Good luck to everyone who plans to participate in the process this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This will only be my second season hunting. I got my license, got an APH, did the hunters safety and went out to hunt public land. I took my first deer, first buck, with a bow on public land from a ground blind. I have never applied for a draw before and didn't know that the bow hunters education was an extra thing. I saw this post at 0800, immediately started the class, took a break at 0900 to go pick up my new kayak and returned at noon. I finished the online 6 hour class already today before 5PM. I am currently on a waiting list for the field day, and I went ahead and paid my $3 to apply for H. We will see what happens, it is what it is, maybe I don't get the field day because of covid, maybe I dont get the draw and I just donated $3, its a worthy cause. Hope to see you out there, if not, tell next time and good luck.
            Last edited by firemedic731; 07-02-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I just registered for class + field in Granite Shoals on July 18th. This is South of Burnet near Marble Falls, West of Austin.

Comment

How many PP do you think it will take to get a draw?

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherNeck55 View Post
                  How many PP do you think it will take to get a draw?
                  They are loyalty points now so it just gets your name in the hat more times.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    They are loyalty points now so it just gets your name in the hat more times.

That’s the part that really sucks about it going over to the state! In the past you knew what year you would get drawn buy how many PP you had just like Colorado does. Now it could be years or this year; just the luck of the draw. ItS hard to plan your hunts this way if you have multiple hunts lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                      That’s the part that really sucks about it going over to the state! In the past you knew what year you would get drawn buy how many PP you had just like Colorado does. Now it could be years or this year; just the luck of the draw. ItS hard to plan your hunts this way if you have multiple hunts lined up.
                      Yeah, I had three points at the H and didn't get drawn so I guess those went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                        I just registered for class + field in Granite Shoals on July 18th. This is South of Burnet near Marble Falls, West of Austin.
                        I took my course there at the firehouse, and got drawn to Hagerman the next year. You will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                          Yeah, I had three points at the H and didn't get drawn so I guess those went away.
                          They were supposed to transfer those, did they not? I was a holdover from the flood hunt last year so we were zero regardless

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            They were supposed to transfer those, did they not? I was a holdover from the flood hunt last year so we were zero regardless
                            They transferred them to loyalty points.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              They transferred them to loyalty points.

Ok thats what I thought, H folks told me last year thats what they were going to do. TPWD loyalty point system still sucks balls compared the old hagerman preference point system

Comment

The below came out earlier this year as an email, February timeframe.

Beginning this year, all lottery draw hunts will be processed through Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Online Hunt Draw System. I met with TPWD officials yesterday in Austin and received approval for preference points earned at Hagerman NWR to be transferred to their online application system. This will require effort on your part and mine so if you wish to have your points transferred, keep reading to find out what to do. If your name is not on this list, our records indicate that you have 0 points.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                If you have previously registered with the Texas Parks and Wildlife - Texas Drawn Hunt System - you will have a "customer number". I need you to email me that customer number and your name as it appears on the attached list of hunters/preference points. You can find your 12 digit number on your Texas hunting license (Cust. #), or in your account online at https://www.txfgsales.com/PHS/Welcome.aspx

If you do not have an account in the Texas Drawn Hunt System, you will need to create one (free) at this link https://www.txfgsales.com/PHS/CustomerSearch.aspx . I will need you to email me the Customer Number that is generated for you when you create an account.

The points will be placed in your TPWD account in the category "National Wildlife Refuge Hunts - General - Deer" using the customer number you provide me. They will be valid for any hunt you apply for within this category, not just for Hagerman NWR. Including Hagerman NWR, there are currently six national wildlife refuges in this category.

Comment

Working...
                                X