No announcement yet.

How has TBH impacted your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the community aspect. Always a place to find someone willing to lend a hand, lift a prayer or offer advice. I’ve made some great friends and bought a ton of crap, most of which I needed

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      I met and married Mexico’s sister, and my life has never been the same!!
      Let's hope the apples fell from different trees!!

I've met quite a few new friends and became reacquainted with old ones. Had some good fishing trips and a couple good hunts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my 20th year on here. I have checked in here everyday for almost a 1/3 of my life.

I have met a lot of awesome people here, sold a lot of optics and broadheads and created some lifetime friendships.

Comment

It's a great Place! Pay it forward!

Comment

This site has a wealth of knowledge for sure. A great group of good down to earth people. This is the only social media I partake in. Typically solid advice and real time reviews found on here. After my divorce several years ago, I disconnected from TBH, FB and just went into auto pilot. I actually forgot about TBH. One day I was googling something (don't remember what) non hunting related. A TBH post popped up. I logged into my account, started reading some. I didn't realize I had gave up on So many things that made me, me. I dug my blue back out. Got it restrung. And have found a new pep in my Step. I took a 2-3 year break from everything I enjoyed in life. I gladly say that I have been camping, off roading, shooting my bow, fishing, boating. I didn't realize the funk I was in. If I didn't stumble upon that TBH post last year it may have taken way longer to get it together. Strange how there are so many on here I have never met, but have a huge respect for. Lots of natural raw talent. This is my thanks to TBH!

Comment

I could go on and on.
              70% of our furniture came off the GS - 50% of our art also. All high end stuff.
              Got a nice Lexus from a rancher here. First oil change I was informed it had cow poo from one end to the other under the car. LOL
              Met a bunch of great people, and have had a hundred questions answered.
              Yesterday I signed to have all our windows replaced with a GS's father in law.
              It has been a fabulous experience.................

Comment

It’s how I found out that Burt Reynolds died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

278 is a number, hunting high fence is shameful, Lyme disease can fool the best of them, and Burnadell is really not grumpy.

Comment

I have had the opportunity to meet some real fine folks. It has changed me. I saw the generosity and have tried to contribute. Nice escape from everyday life. Lots of solidly minded individuals in one place.

Comment

I learned the first elephant since the ice age was spotted in East Texas by a Harris County Sherrifs Deputy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                        I’m a relative newbie to TBH. I lost my lease right before the bow season opener last year due to the property selling. I entered some of the TPWD draw hunts and was awarded a hunt at Balcones Canyonlands. I scoured the internet for information about the hunt and the ONLY place that had any info was this Texas Bowhunter site. So i joined and quickly learned that this site is full of great information but long time users are very skeptical of people that seem to come along to use and abuse the site and not contribute.

After being on here and reading posts about the history of TBH, I understand why. I don’t do any social media other than linked in, but I have been sucked into this community. I read posts daily that impress me, encourage me, make me cry (both from sadness and joy), and amaze me. The strength, support, and generosity of this community is unheralded. There are some bad apples. I see some people that I think genuinely get their joy from making asinine comments, BUT they are few and far between. I would have a beer, a prayer, or a good cry with 99.9% of the people that are on this site. My only regret is that I didn’t find it sooner.

CT, Glad to have you man. It’s wonderful to read the account above, and you are spot on. Just wait until you see someone really down on their luck and watch how this community rallies around them in any way necessary. Prayer, donations, financial assistance. Etc. this place is truly very special man.

Comment

I’ve gained friends, a couple deer leases, travel trailer, 3 vehicles, several rifles, pistols, and other crap I didn’t need

This place keeps me poor, but I love it

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            It’s how I found out that Burt Reynolds died.

What??!!

Comment

My best friends.
                              Lesto!!

Comment

thanks to all for all you do!!!!

this place is true community, true Texas, true Texans, true Believers, sincere help and generosity, a wealth of knowledge to get through everyday problems, and infinite fun.

I have not found anything close to it on any other forum. No sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X