Good GPS for public land hunt in colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good GPS for public land hunt in colorado

Hello GS. looking for info on a good GPS to use on my first public land hunt out of state. Heading to Colorado in a couple months and want/need a gps that I can load maps on to that will show private/public boundary lines, etc.

Can anyone recommend something under 400$?

OnX maps on your phone. Download them before you go. Bring a backup battery, but a phone will last 3 days of heavy GPS use in airplane mode.

Comment

I Second OnX.
      It is wonderful.
      I have it but am looking for a cheap InReach... if such a thing exists....

Comment

Garmin 64st
        Think you can get an Onyx card for it.

Comment

I use onx .. but i bought an inreach this year because ill be hunting and camping alone... never know when you will get hurt and can't hike out..

Comment

OnX and buy a backup battery or two. OnX is indispensable as far as I am concerned. You can buy chips for a state to load into a hand held GPS also.

Comment

I have OnX on my phone and use a Garmin 64st as a back up. I don't have the maps on the Garmin, just mark the parking area, camp, etc on there.

I will say another guy and I were in a new area a few weekends ago and neither OnX was tracking us correctly. Luckily I found a high spot with some service and was able to google what to do.

Comment

back country navigator... ive used em all including onx

its 10$ for pro and last forever not a annual fee like onx

trust me I have killed elk and friends all in colorado and we all use it

Comment

Working...
                X