Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    Never had it lol. Guess im not missing much 🤣
    so much this. I have a friend that is constantly telling me how many likes, follows or whatever they get for a pic or a comment. Its like they have to validate their lives

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I always like the I don’t do/deleted all of my/can do without social media ...... while posting above on social media.
    irony is never far off here sometimes

Comment

Deleting facebook app

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
      To me, hunting forums aren’t about hey everybody!!!! Look at me pat myself on my back and give me all your praise!!!! I don’t use these sites to show off, try to impress people, get acceptance/ validation from others or post every meal I eat. To me, those are the differences. YMMV!
      You got the wrong hunting forum then.[emoji23][emoji23]. Hunting forums are all about showing off what you have, what you killed, where you get to go and many here use it to the fullest. From LDPs, house builds, new toy purchases, taxidermy, trips/hunts I’m taking, meals I cooked, kid brags, wife brags, reminding folks about your HS days etc etc[emoji38]

You are on social media here whether you like to call it that or not.
      Last edited by Smart; 06-25-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I won't delete mine because I have pics on it from fishing trips and stuff that I don't have anywhere else. I would have to reset my password and all that to get in there, but the only social media I find myself on is Instagram. You don't have to hear nearly as many opinions on IG, and my feed consist of mostly hunting and fishing pictures.

Comment

I deleted mine a while back and glad I did. I was surprised at how for a little while I would pull out my phone to check it and then remember I deleted it. I guess I was on it more than I realized I was. Now I just spend more time on TBH.

Comment

Lot of LEO’s in San Antonio area are being fired or suspended for being mixed up in Facebook post, I am not LEO but seems Facebook and social media can get you fired or hurt a job opportunity
            Just don’t miss the hate / politics on Facebook

One example but is a weekly issue now for years in San Antonio

Deputy behind ‘lynch mob’ Facebook post on leave pending Bexar County Sheriff’s investigation
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-25-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              I tried to delete mine but evidently you can’t. I deleted the app and haven’t logged in in probably 5 years.
              This is correct. I did the same

Comment

Got rid of it a couple weeks ago, best thing I've done in a while. No more parade of stupidity to disappoint me with the human race.

Comment

facebook is what you make of it. they have an effective block feature that makes things go away for ever. you can block all news sites if you want, and people who post things that annoy me get unfollowed. It's not that hard.

the thing I can't stand about the app is the way it tracks your internet searches, then puts up ads for what you're looking at. I'm also 100% convinced that when you allow facebook access to your camera, location and microphone, it uses those to push ads to your feed as well.

try it. start talking about some random thing you can buy, but do not search for it on your phone.. You;ll see an ad pop up for it before too long. Same thing is going on with Alexa devices, smart TV's etc. It's concerning to say the least how technology has invaded privacy, and most people seem to be ok with it. even me.. while I complain about it.
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 06-25-2020, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I was an active social media user for years and made the decision, years ago, to stop completely. If you have ever read anything by Cal Newport, you hear his bias against social media. He argues that it is a form of entertainment, not knowledge. Just like drinking a coke is not a drink, but a liquid candy bar, social media is generally there to entertain us, not educate. I choose to be entertained in other ways and spend most of my reading time in actual newspapers, books, forums like this one or physical magazines. I'm a dinosaur.

Comment

I can't, FB makes me too much money to just delete it. But I don't surf it like most do, and I have my personal account locked down to pretty much family and friends. Those "out there" friends I just unfollow.

Comment

I unfollowed any and all news and media outlets and it has made a big difference.

Comment

I “deactivated” mine a few years ago. I got tired of the negativity and time wasted. I logged in again awhile back and after 2 minutes of reading the junk I fully deleted it.

Comment

I deleted Facebook a couple of years back, don’t miss it one bit. This site is about the only ‘social media’ outlet I have.

Comment

A lot of FB stuff can get a person wrapped around the axle especially if that person is wound up already. The trick is just scroll on by and don't let it get under your skin.

Comment

I’ve been on the fence about this for a couple weeks now. Only reason I keep mine is to keep up with area news in places we like to visit. Other than that I’m pretty sick of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X