No announcement yet.

Copper heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doctor said she would need therapy, etc....but she came through it just fine. She was in the ICU for a week (she has MS and the bite/antivenom worked her over). But as far as the hand and usage, no ill effects. She is blessed!

Comment

I am 74 and grew up in SE Missouri in the Ozarks. Been in the woods and on the creekbanks since I was a youngster and have spent lots of time in the wild here in Texas too, and I have never seen one in the wild other than road kill. And, I pay attention when I am out walking around. Seen lots of rattlers, corals, and a few cottonmouths, just no copperheads.

Comment

They are out for sure, in-laws killed 14 in their yard the other night.

Comment

They will be out and about in abundance the few weeks with the cicadas. Especially late evenings.

Comment

Killed 4 Friday when we moved my dads old stand to put his new krivo up

Comment

Have killed 4 already this year in eastern Callahan county.

Comment

I saw one at our place a few weeks ago. Just a little guy. First one we've seen in over two years of owning the property.

Comment

My brother that lives in Montgomery County has killed 11 in the last 3 months.. He had a five pound coffee can full of them. Here is one from last week.
                  Attached Files
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Copperheads are staying home to comply with the current corvid-19 regulations.

I told Montgomery County they needed regulations like Harris County.

Last edited by Thumper; 06-22-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

We had one chilling by our pool last week....last time he’ll be doing that[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a story my brother wrote a few years back. The story went viral.

Last edited by Les; 06-22-2020, 12:03 PM.
                        Lesto!!

Comment

I learn something new all the time. I never knew they ate Cicadas. This is the first I have ever heard of this. I always thought rodents, rabbits, birds, fish etc.

Comment

Killed one in Bell County last month.

Comment

I ran over one with my bike last week.. i was on my way home from a ride and he was crossing infront of my neighbors yard . A well placed bike tire to the head did him in ..

Comment

I killed a small one (14" er) in Harris county near Lake Houston last week. Little sucker was laying across the running trail and I almost stepped on it thinking it was a stick.

Now I every dang stick I see, I'm taking a second look at....

Comment

Working...
                                X