Need new braided line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    with my very limited inshore experience, I liked my kastking braid.

for ones who you leaders - double uni when attaching to main line?

FG knot.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      How are y'all tying the mono to the braid . I've been doing the triple overhand knot it keeps slipping [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FG knit. Major PIA to learn but it’s strong and feeds through the eyes very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by WholeGrain View Post
        May be a stupid question but why use mono as your leader and not braided?

1. Visibility to fish.

2. Reliable braid to tackle knots eat up a lot of expensive line, mono or flouro tie quick and easy and you just replace the leader when it gets short

Comment

I have never had any let me down between Powerpro, spyderwire stealth, and Hercules braid from fishingkingsupply. 10-20#

Double uni if I need to tie to a leader.
          Palomar to hook.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Suffix 832 in 50lb .. 30 lb big game leader tied in with a crazy alberto.. Palomar to the hook. I back my reels with 20 lb big game then tie in the braid.. every other time I re spool I strip the line in the yard and then reel it up the opposite way .. no use in throwing away the good line..

Comment

Fins Windtamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost all my go-to rods have 30lb pink Fins Windtamer.

I back with mono and can spool several reels with one roll of Fins.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  Suffix 832 in 50lb .. 30 lb big game leader tied in with a crazy alberto.. Palomar to the hook. I back my reels with 20 lb big game then tie in the braid.. every other time I re spool I strip the line in the yard and then reel it up the opposite way .. no use in throwing away the good line..
                  If you go down to 30 lb or even 20 you’ll get much longer casts. FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post

What are you fishing for? I don’t fish that heavy offshore.

Comment

Fins pink windtamer. Just ordered the black fins to see how that works. Same tie a flouro leader when fishing Baffin, water very clear there. Here in Matagorda just run it straight to the lure.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        Learn the FG knot, it sucks to learn but bar none best knot out there
                        Yep! It took me a while to get this knot down, but can tie it fairly easy now. Hasn't let me down yet.
                        Last edited by kc5rkg; 06-20-2020, 01:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks everyone I am going to pick up some power pro 20 and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            If you go down to 30 lb or even 20 you’ll get much longer casts. FWIW
                            cast plenty far..

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              What are you fishing for? I don’t fish that heavy offshore.
                              flounder fishing around pilings and oyster beds.. i know lighter line will work but I like being able to tighten the drag and pull the fish away from a dock without having to play it like Bill Dance..

Comment

Fins windtamer! All day long! I’ve run every color they have.

Mad hatter nailed it

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                                Pink, 20lb Fins.
                                20lb Fins is really 30lb line, and the 30lb breaks at over 50lbs, 95% of the time.
                                I'm a fan of spool capacity over strength.
                                The line lb rating on the package is just marketing hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X