No announcement yet.

Wheat pennies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a envelope of wheat pennies. I keep everyone I find. My wife thinks I’m crazy I’m for doing it. Also, have one 1964 quarter that I found a few years ago. Got it in a handful of quarters from a change machine. You could immediately tell the difference between in and the newer quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Of just pennies. I have

1 1892 indian head penny.
      1 1927 wheat penny
      1 1935 wheat penny
      1 1937 wheat penny
      3 1945 wheat pennies
      3 1946 wheat pennies
      2 1950 wheat pennies
      2 1951 wheat pennies
      1 1953 wheat penny
      2 1954 wheat pennies
      3 1955 wheat pennies
      5 1956 wheat pennies
      3 1958 wheat pennies

Comment

I’ve got several thousand wheat pennies. They used to belong to my Grandfather...just can’t throw them away. I’m stuck with them.

Comment

I save the wheat pennies and silver dimes as well- but I’m not sure why I do

Comment

My parents were depression era kids and my Mom told me to always examine change and paper money before you spend and when you receive. Some coins were special she said. I have her collection and mine. A half gallon jar filled with wheat pennies, about 20 Morgans, 10 Liberty Dollars/quarters, Franklin halves, Kennedy halves, silver certificates, large notes and many $2 bills. I buy Eagles and other bullion coins today because of those lessons.

Comment

I need to go look at some of my coins now also. As a kid my dad got me started on a small collection. I know I have some steel nickels from the 40's, a lot of pennies and other nickels as well. My favorite coin is a 1860's quarter that he said his dad gave him... it's not in very good shape but you can still see the date.
              I hadn't thought about my collection in years until I saw this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by W-O View Post
                While tilling in the garden I found a 1859 half dime. I didn't know they existed. It has a bent edge and hole in it so the value is minimal. I put it up somewhere and it is real safe because I can't find it.
                Sounds like a good place to spend some time with a metal detector.

Comment

My daily, non quarantine wear. Bought em years ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I worked at a bank for a few years, I looked through every single coin that went through that place and kept anything that could be worth more than face value one day. When I got a new job I was able to save A LOT more of my paycheck

Comment

I’ve got hundreds of wheat pennies from I think 1909-58. My great grandpa saved them for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are actually a bunch of coins that are worth keeping. I don't know how on earth I'd ever learn that much about them. I read up on some that are valuable last night and already forgot most of what I read.

Comment

I saved coins starting in the late 60's. I would collect from my paper route and get paid in change. A week of papers was .35. We would also get rolls of pennies to go through from the bank. Might get 3-5 wheat pennies per roll. Had silver dimes and quarters too. Twister tore up house in 1983 and my collection disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            Buffalo nickles with visible date are about the rarest circulated coins out there because they were so soft.
                            I have this one in my inherited collection... How much you think its worth? Its uncirculated.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I should have 1 of every single type of penny ever made. I think these steel ones are cool looking, and the ones next to them say "shell cent" I am not sure what those are? These were all inherited.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                I have this one in my inherited collection... How much you think its worth? Its uncirculated.
                                Looks like it's worth about $.48. Or 48 cents.

Date of the coin, mintmark, and condition are the important factors to buffalo nickel value. Using a step by step approach each is identified by comparing to images and descriptions. Value chart lists how much buffalo nickels are worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X