Look what are dog found !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RTM View Post
    It's a big fox squirrel he got all of it down. He was kind of slow leaving when he finished.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dang man was it in lumberton?

Comment

I've seen snakes swallow significantly larger animals than they are but I bet that dude may have got half way done with that squirrel and decided it couldn't do it. If it got it down in reality it wouldn't have to eat again until next year. They can go a long time without food. It'd take a week and a half or so to really digest that squirrel and as soon as it did it'd be ready to eat again. They won't pass up a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
        Thats a great rare pic you have. That rattler is gonna be fed for a couple weeks after that size of meal. Wonder how a snake could out smart a squirrel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Just lays and waits at the bottom of a tree. I've walked up on one eating a bird before. Talk about unlucky. Out of all the places to land and it ended up in front of a snake.

Comment

Great find and photo.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            That looks like a big fox squirrel as opposed to a rabbit... don't see any big ears... By the time that sucker gets that squirrel swallowed, the squirrel's nose is gonna be coming out the effluent end while the tail is still stickin' out his mouth!! Snake don't look like he's long enough to swallow a whole grown squirrel and tail in a straight line. Wonder if he can force the tail on down? I'd love to find one doing that and video/time lapse that!!
            Hare-ball!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              Never seen a timer rattler in person, they are mean looking critters.
              They look it but they're easy going snakes. You'd have to step on one to get it to bite most of the time. Any Timber Rattlesnake I've been around wouldn't hardly even buzz. They're easy to handle.

Diamondbacks ain't too bad but they're strong and harder to handle if they're big. Prairie Rattlesnakes are fast and mean. They'll bite ya.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                Soon I bet we find out they've been here all along
                The GPS tracking i have done the past 10 years these snakes will blow your mind away. Not ready to release my results just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  Yes that is what they hunt
                  Squirrels. I was thinking mice, rats, baby rabbits etc

Comment

If it's one rattlesnake I wish everyone could see to understand that they're not animals that hunt people down it'd be a Timber Rattlesnake. Sure you'll see some that are a little more aggressive than others I just haven't seen one that is. They're pretty timid snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      They look it but they're easy going snakes. You'd have to step on one to get it to bite most of the time. Any Timber Rattlesnake I've been around wouldn't hardly even buzz. They're easy to handle.

Diamondbacks ain't too bad but they're strong and harder to handle if they're big. Prairie Rattlesnakes are fast and mean. They'll bite ya.
                      Our prairie rattlers are pretty easy going up here. They will mostly give you a buzz if you're too close or just let you ease on by and then they get out of Dodge. The very small ones have been the meanest prairie rattlers we've handled.
                      Timber rattlers are pretty though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Squirrels. I was thinking mice, rats, baby rabbits etc
                        Yea they will eat those too They are not picky. That’s the second pic of a Canebreak I have seen of them eating squirrels. Probably because their habitat is big woods forest.
                        Last edited by Killer; 03-24-2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Our prairie rattlers are pretty easy going up here. They will mostly give you a buzz if you're too close or just let you ease on by and then they get out of Dodge. The very small ones have been the meanest prairie rattlers we've handled.
                          Timber rattlers are pretty though.
                          It kind of just depends on the snake. It doesn't seem like it makes sense but there are mean ones and fairly calm ones. I've had boxes full of snakes and it didn't take long to figure out which ones didn't want to be messed with. You're right though a lot of times the smaller ones are more likely to stand their ground. But I've had big ones that would rather bite than try to get away. I've had other big ones I could dump out of a bucket at my feet and they'd literally crawl over my boots to get away never paying me a bit of attention. It really just depends on the snake.

I don't get to trusting none of them too much.

Comment

The picture is in Colmesneil at a farm we have.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those things are killing machines but they do their part in keeping the rodent population in check.

Comment

Cool pic!

Comment

Working...
                                X