Martial law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    The testing has barely gotten started. That is very different. To me at least.
    Anyone with common sense knows that when you conduct a million more tests there will be a very high percentage of new positive cases. Especially since the only ones taking the test are likely to already have corona. Hopefully we can get some better, more accurate data.
    I sincerely hope you are right, and literally every expert, the CDC, the WHO and now even the president are wrong.

Comment

Guys, I really get it, I get the desire to grasp onto straws to make this "not that bad".

I understand the comparisons to the flu, looking at it now the regular ol flu looks WAY worse. I thought that too at first but that is very rapidly changing.

I also understand the testing thing, yes we are going to see a lot more people with it the more people get tested and it's going to drive down the mortality rate on paper.

People are scared and looking for comfort and denial is comforting but it's time to accept that THIS IS THAT BAD.

The world is not just putting itself through all of this because of Dems and snowflakes and because we aren't as tough as we were back in the good ol days, that makes ZERO sense. Take a second and think about it, this is not some democrat conspiracy to make Trump look bad it's a virus that is going to kill A LOT of Americans.

Pull your head out of your azz and don't do stupid shat and take this seriously. The quicker you accept this for what it is the less it's going to hurt when reality smacks you in the face and forces you to accept it.

It's not the end of civilization, we aren't all going to die, but a lot of us are. The best case projection so far seems to be more dead Americans than American WWII casualties.

Panic is not the answer, but neither is denial. Take appropriate steps, stay home for a bit and do your part.
      Last edited by Jspradley; 03-16-2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Guys, I really get it, I get the desire to grasp onto straws to make this "not that bad".

I understand the comparisons to the flu, looking at it now the regular ol flu looks WAY worse. I thought that too at first but that is very rapidly changing.

I also understand the testing thing, yes we are going to see a lot more people with it the more people get tested and it's going to drive down the mortality rate on paper.

People are scared and looking for comfort and denial is comforting but it's time to accept that THIS IS THAT BAD.

The world is not just putting itself through all of this because of Dems and snowflakes and because we aren't as tough as we were back in the good ol days, that makes ZERO sense. Take a second and think about it, this is not some democrat conspiracy to make Trump look bad it's a virus that is going to kill A LOT of Americans.

Pull your head out of your azz and don't do stupid shat and take this seriously.
        Well said IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Average age of death in the US is 77 years old. you have no clue if you think we have the medical infrastructure to handle the rest. We are hardly able to keep up with regular everyday.

When last time you been to ER?
          When i make Dr appointment for my Dr it is always 2 weeks out or i have to see another one that had someone cancel.

Find you another Dr!!

My world still trucking on the same as always! More work than we can keep up with despite all this overblown bull****.pretty much the same with everyone i know except for all the extra crap they are having to do because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            Well said IMO.
            X2. Ohio is shutting down schools for year. Steel plants talking about shutting down if enough workers are sick. They dont shutdown for nothing, literally folks died from a co strution accident/molten steel can break a ladle and stop the plant for a bit, but they never stop running. Especially since the largest has as much debt /liabilities as equipment, so they need the cash.

People are still being crazy, but atleast be smart. I wouldn't say it's nothing, but it's worth avoiding if possible
            Last edited by Hooverfb; 03-16-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Pull your head out of your azz and don't do stupid shat and take this seriously. The quicker you accept this for what it is the less it's going to hurt when reality smacks you in the face and forces you to accept it.

It's not the end of civilization, we aren't all going to die, but a lot of us are. The best case projection so far seems to be more dead Americans than American WWII casualties.

Panic is not the answer, but neither is denial. Take appropriate steps, stay home for a bit and do your part.
              Why hasn't China seen those numbers of casualties if everything you're saying is true? They've got a much larger population than us. So, by the numbers, they ought to have a lot more deaths currently right?

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                Why hasn't China seen those numbers of casualties if everything you're saying is true? They've got a much larger population than us. So, by the numbers, they ought to have a lot more deaths currently right?
                The only numbers east of the Caucuses I would remotely begin to believe is South Korea. Satellite images in Qom Iran showed 2 burial sites being dug the size of a football field each. You do not require a whole that large to bury 150 people.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  The only numbers east of the Caucuses I would remotely begin to believe is South Korea. Satellite images in Qom Iran showed 2 burial sites being dug the size of a football field each. You do not require a whole that large to bury 150 people.

Makes sense.

So, we aren’t getting accurate numbers out of those Countries is what you’re saying just to make sure I’m understanding correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Do you have a link/source for that image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Because it's just getting started there too.

Or maybe this whole thing is made up and the entire world is spending trillions on expenses and lost revenues for the hell of it.

Comment

Or maybe this whole thing is made up and the entire world is spending trillions on expenses and lost revenues for the hell of it.

Just getting started? Really? So, if it’s just 10% started, to use a round number, you’d be telling me this pandemic is going to last for 2.5years? They shut down that market on January 1 due to a few cases they discovered. 3 months ago.

Comment

Just because everybody is going crazy about it does not mean it will happen. Remember Y2K?

Comment

Just getting started? Really? So, if it’s just 10% started, to use a round number, you’d be telling me this pandemic is going to last for 2.5years? They shut down that market on January 1 due to a few cases they discovered. 3 months ago.

I'm not saying anything, the data from the CDC and even the president literally 20 minutes ago say that

Comment

I'm not saying anything, the data from the CDC and even the president literally 20 minutes ago say that
                              That just isn't true....

Nobody once said that China is just getting started...

On the topic of the US, I agree, if that's what you were talking about. I was talking about China in my scenario.
                              Last edited by SB09; 03-16-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

It started there back in Nov. and they didnt mention it to anyone until Dec. and then basically said it was not a big deal until Jan.

Just yesterday people were saying the China had a good grip on it and that they were not seeing any or very few new cases.....thy were past the hump

Comment

Working...
                                X