Have you gone yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Nope....Country Boy Will Survive! I have been at ACE Hardware twice as I am fertilizing my yard, putting down grub control and fungicide for gray spot. Gotta be ready for the spring rains on Tuesday. Gonna be another BEST YARD award in my future.
    Your just being an overachiever as usual Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Nope....Country Boy Will Survive! I have been at ACE Hardware twice as I am fertilizing my yard, putting down grub control and fungicide for gray spot. Gotta be ready for the spring rains on Tuesday. Gonna be another BEST YARD award in my future.
      Well if y'all get hungry and desperate... I'm pretty sure I know where you can kill a hog and catch a gar to survive on.

Comment

Went to the local Kroger today to get our weekly groceries. LOTS of produce left. However, chips, ground meat, dairy, eggs, lunch meat (Not the good from the deli meat, but the ****ty lunchable style meats), and cleaning products all totally gone. It's truly pathetic. Never expected Texans to panic like this.

Comment

I went in search of a 12 pack of diet coke's yesterday morning after work.The only thing open @ 5am was the Midlothian Wally world.Found a 12 pack,and then wandered around looking at the carnage...Un-real! The one that surprised me the most was all of the breakfast cereal was gone.Even the crappy ones like Grape Nuts,and Shredded Wheat!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I made sure I had everything I needed to stay at home for at least a month several weeks ago so no I haven't needed to stock up on anything, just had to top off a few supplies.

If nothing else I hope this teaches some folks to be ahead of the curve

Comment

No. Have not bought a single extra thing. I keep things well stocked here all the time. We may run out of luxuries, but always have plenty of main food items here.

Comment

Toilet paper if ya get in bind..Plenty in my Mail...Just ruffle it up a bit to soften it ...and ya good to go...Plenty grass around too.Old clothing that don't fit or out of style....Just don't FLUSH any of above or you will have Plumbing problem...

Comment

we got food for 2wks worth of SHTF scenario about 2wks ago. it is all stuff we will use through the year anyway even if things are normal.

planning on taking the kids camping this week for their spring break. went to get stuff for Smores last night. no problems on chocolate bars and grahm crackers, but marshmallows are apparently a survival item

Comment

I went to the store yesterday mainly because I was curious. I was amazed at how stupid some people are. Paper isle was empty, most of the meat counter empty, no eggs or milk. Produce section looked normal. The few things I needed were mainly non food and I got everything I needed. I was definitely not expecting what I saw, I figured it was being way over exaggerated by media and online reports, but I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Went to the local Kroger today to get our weekly groceries. LOTS of produce left. However, chips, ground meat, dairy, eggs, lunch meat (Not the good from the deli meat, but the ****ty lunchable style meats), and cleaning products all totally gone. It's truly pathetic. Never expected Texans to panic like this.

They ain't Texans, it's the Californians that just moved here.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        You put apples in tuna? Never heard of that before.
                        Oh man, it’s good stuff

Comment

I bought just a little extra to be able to skip all the BS for a few weeks minimum.

Comment

Like good little pavlovian dogs, the media rings the bell and they do a trick.

Comment

I went to the local Wal Mart Thursday night to grab a few things we needed. It was out of TP, sugar, and almost all of the rice and beans. Everything else including meat, milk, and produce was in stock. According to Facebook, it was pretty much all gone Friday. I’m planning to let stuff die down before going again.

We did stock up on formula, diapers, and wipes a few weeks back, but that was because Target was running a decent sale on those items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel sorry for those hard working folks trying to keep those shelves full only to find them empty at the end of the day. There is no way to cut enough meat to refill a meat counter when you start with nothing. It is like a grand opening at every location without the fanfare. The only upside from working in the grocery business right now is they get first shot at the toilet paper. And they deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X