Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot 19% FOC or greater with a heavy arrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot 19% FOC or greater with a heavy arrow?

Been watching the Ranch Fairy on YouTube. Weird name ....I know but he has some interesting videos regarding FOC and 500 to 600 grain arrow builds

I'm looking at giving it a shot. Anyone have any experience with this setup

I shoot 525 grain arrows with 21% foc out of a 70 pound bow 28.5 inch draw. Hit like a hammer but have had a big hog limit them to 10 inches of penetration at 22 yards and a second shot at 3 yards. Don’t get too carried away with arrow weight and foc for a whitetail setup but I do like 475-550 grains for Texas hunting.

Comment

I've shot 21 FOC for years. Never had an issue. 220gn Muzzy Phantoms.

Comment

I’m close, 500 grain arrow at 18.6. There is a pretty good thread on equipment and tuning called Time for adult arrows you may enjoy reading. Lots of opinions on FOC. Lots of good people on here that can help if that’s what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

750 grain arrow 29% foc. Now building an 870 grain shaft with 38% foc. From 55 & 60# longbow.

Comment

I’m on my way to higher FOC. Around 500gr and 15-16% FOC right now. Been watching a lot of Ranch Fairies stuff too. Think I’m gonna build my new setup around 600gr and try to get over 20% with a big fixed COC head...

Comment

No.

Comment

Is’t Ranch fairy a member here?

Comment

I’m about 16% on my 427 grain arrow... 57 grain outsert on the front of a victory RIP elite 300 spine... around 87 foot pounds of energy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lotta talk about FOC in the equipment forum. Do a search and read to your hearts content. I have been doing the same but I'm happy at 425 right now pulling 60lbs. Doesn't mean I'll stay there later but for now 3 dozen arrows suggest I do..
                    Last edited by Smart; 02-21-2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

595 grains with 19% FOC, no problems.

Comment

Just got my pack in today. Hoping Tuesday or Wednesday I will get some time to test them out.

I started reading some of the threads in the other forum mentioned- Thank you guys. I have more reading to do.

Here is my initial set up
                          Bowtech Assassin 2012
                          27 inch draw length, may bump to 27.5 in...undecided, long story but I have a shorter release now - Like Mike from Carter which makes a big difference.

Black Eagle Rampage arrows 28 in long, spine 300
                          50 grain insert that comes with them

Depending on how these test field heads (ranch fairy test pack) I may go with 125 gr Magnus Hornets or Stingers 4 blade and add inserts from Black Eagle that screw in. Or if really heavy shoots well then I will look at single bevels

Comment

If I want to add feather vanes with a slight right helical and do myself what bitzenburger should I buy? Straight or Right helical? Clamp Right helical or right offset?

I may go to vanes but interested in trying feathers out and if doing myself will be much easier than having to go to bowshop (drop off, wait a week, and pick up)

Comment

Right helical clamp. I just fletched some new vanes up and enjoying them so far

Comment

Working...
                              X