Lone Star Law--Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Law--Why?

Why do they not film very many scenes in South Texas or Far West Texas? I am sure there is plenty of road hunting in South Texas and West Texas.

Better question is why do they always let the guys off the hook with about 1/4 of what they could charge them with?

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
      Better question is why do they always let the guys off the hook with about 1/4 of what they could charge them with?

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Because East Texans make for better tv

Comment

Meth is more entertaining!

Comment

Yeah, they never have anything about the hill country or Abilene/Coleman/Brownwood and further west.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Yeah, they never have anything about the hill country or Abilene/Coleman/Brownwood and further west.
              This is true also.

Comment

When you are fishing, do you go fish in a big lake with a few fish or a small lake with an exorbitant amount of fish where you can't cast without hitting one in the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  When you are fishing, do you go fish in a big lake with a few fish or a small lake with an exorbitant amount of fish where you can't cast without hitting one in the head?
                  Good Point. I'd just like to see some big deer, maybe some mule deer and different scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Good Point. I'd just like to see some big deer, maybe some mule deer and different scenery every once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
                      I never understood that either....

Dont get me wrong, I fully support our GW and never have had an issue with them but what they depict on the show ain't even close to real world experiences. Show more guys getting the book thrown at em if anything!! If more people see that Texas GW dont mess around, hopefully it would make more people think twice about breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

Dont get me wrong, I fully support our GW and never have had an issue with them but what they depict on the show ain't even close to real world experiences. Show more guys getting the book thrown at em if anything!! If more people see that Texas GW dont mess around, hopefully it would make more people think twice about breaking the law.
                        To me it seems they are trying to create an image that the Game Wardens aren't bad, that they are promoting them as a friendly group.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

These guys are no where near as scary as I had been told all my life. More people treat them like caca and get away with it. Penalties are much lower than I expected. Poor guys can't do their real job without having to arrest drinkers/druggies. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

Every interaction I’ve ever had with a GW has been very calm and reasonable, much like what’s depicted on the tv show. In fact, most interaction I’ve ever had with LEO in any capacity has been similar. Maybe the program you’re looking for is COPS when they’re filming down in fifth ward.

Comment

Lol COPS got old, Live PD is where it's at now.

I can see the angle that they're trying to tackle, but it's hard to watch knowing most times people get the book thrown at them.

How many times have we read on here about guys shooting a barely illegal buck in an AR county turn themselves in and end up having to pay hundreds of dollars in fines and restitution, but yet when someone does this on TV, they get off with a warning cause they turned themselves in.

I agree, Never understood why people treat LEO or GW like caca, guess I was just raised differently. But it's so much easier to get out of minor things when you're a reasonable human being showing respect

Comment

Working...
                              X