Exciting Krivoman Outdoor news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting Krivoman Outdoor news

Well this has been a long time coming. I am excited to give a few details of the progress Krivoman Outdoors has gone through over the last 12-16 months.

16 months ago I started on a new Mold for my deer blinds that would be specific to only me. I wanted to own 100% of everything I do at Krivoman outdoors. It required me starting a mold in Minnesota and finishing in Texas. Best business decision I have ever made....

A little history that led to me making a change.

Back in 2008 I started Krivoman Outdoors and designed an poly bow blind. I contacted a mold company and used a mold they currently used as a grain bin. During the past 12 years I changed and tweaked that mold to make it better. Designed a door mold and window mold as well. In doing so I also learned some business lessons as well. One is get it in writing. Since I designed the blind and the company agreed to never do business in Texas I gave them the green light to produce a version of my blind up north. After all, not like I would be selling blinds in Minnesota or Wisconsin etc. They pretty much copied mine exactly except change the windows and assembly a bit. But almost the same blind but with less quality windows. They are using thin plexiglass which do not seal well. They would sell to people up north and never in Texas. Then it happened. They starting creeping into Texas. When I complained that they were Texas, there was always and excuse on how they got here. So I dealt with this for a couple years. During that time I told them I wanted a new mold so that mine no longer looked like the older version. Plus I wanted to change everything on the blind that I found either a weak spot or a problem that I did not like. I like my blinds to perform at a very high standard and if I find issues, I want them fixed. So I submitted drawing and plans for a new mold to be made with everything built into the mold almost 2 years ago. I was told it could be done. So now I am excited that I will have a different looking blind from them. During this process the owner of the mold company passed away and his Kids took over. They no longer held to the agreement of never selling in Texas. In fact they said Texas is big enough for both of us. So I knew my time with them was limited. Was not gonna keep buying from a company that would do this.

Then I had another customer who purchased a few of my blinds take them to a roto molding company in Houston. They told them to reverse engineer them. So they copied everything about my blind and has now started selling their version. I have been in them and seen them up close. If you are looking for quality, might want to skip them. They flat out admit they copied from me. In fact in their announcement videos of their blind, you can see one of mine in the background. I thought that was funny. Enough about them....

So now I have a partially completed mold that did not have the door built into it as promised. I am also now going to be seeing more and more of my blinds in Texas being sold by others that had nothing to do with designing it or making it a very popular blind in Texas. I worked very hard to Make Krivoman Outdoors a trusted Brand in the outdoor world. I am not going to sitback and watch others try to lay claim to it and profit off my hard work.

This past Dec, I decided to make the move. It was a very expensive move but it would fix all the BS I was dealing with over the past couple of years. I sent my guy up to Minnesota to pick up my new mold that was not completely finished. Once back in Texas, I moved it to another mold company that is really close to my shop. I now own 100% of everything on the mold and finished it out exactly how I wanted them to be. I am also using a Mold company that does not do retail or sell products. They only pour molds for customers. So no competing against myself. The finished product is OUTSTANDING.

And in typical Krivoman Fashion, I wanted to stay in the same price point, but offer a tremendously better product. I was able to accomplish both goals. The Pictures will speak for themselves but I will explain all the improvements below.

1. Blinds needed to be at least the same size maybe a tad bigger. The inside diameter is a tad bigger at base and about 5 inches wider about midway up blind. *** also needed big Ol Logo built into the blind so no one mistakes others for mine. ***

2. Blind needed to have recessed window molds built into the mold. This would cut down on my cost pouring window molds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blind recessed windows.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	25209764

3. The door Mold needed to be built into the mold to cut down on mold parts. I was told 2 years ago when starting this mold that it would be doable. But then was told no from company in Minnesota. So I had to move it to a company that could accomplish this. I pour alot more money into this mold but it was well worth it.

Name:	blind door.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	25209765

4. The door needed to be bigger. The other door was a very good door, but the entry hole was way to small. Meaning you had to lift leg and lean over to step in. I have busted my back side so many times working on them over the years. Now the blind door starts about 3 inches higher on mold and runs almost all the way to the ground. So getting in and out of blind is no longer a second though.

Name:	blind door 2.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	25209766

5. Deluxe windows as a standard option. Being able to reduce cost of the molds has allowed me to upgrade the windows and stay in the price point I wanted to be in. I dont want to have a $1500 blind. I like being in the $1100 TO $1200 Range for a superior product to the others guys selling poly products. I have accomplished this goal. My price is better than anyones in this market, with a lot better product.

Name:	blind and tower.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	25209767

6. Streamline the production and options on the blind so it is easier for customers to order online as well as improving build time for Krivoman Outoors to produce them faster. Faster production means faster turn around times and less labor cost so I can keep my price point in my desired sweet spot. So my blinds come in 2, 4, or 6 window options with most being 4 and 6 windows.. All blinds come standard with a functional vent.

7. Darker inside. Even though all my blinds have been very dark inside, I wanted the option to offer different exterior colors while maintaining a super dark interior. So my new mold is a two part pouring process. The outside color is poured and cooked, then an inside color of Black is put in the mold. This means that my blind is green on outside and black on the inside. Or Tan on the outside and black on the inside. about 8 years ago I offered a tan blind. Due to the lighter color, you would get sunlight bleeding through the walls. So never really offered it once I discovered that flaw. That is a big time no-no in my book. Deer can see you if the sun is setting behind the blind. You look like a shadow puppet in there. I have never had that issue, but my competitors do and still do. I can pour any anything color now.

Name:	blind inside color.jpg
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	25209768

8. Longer standard windows. I personally like less window but a higher majority of customers like longer windows so Mitch Listens and makes it happen. They are now 11.5 x 24 deluxe windows. Actual window opening is more like 10 by 22.5. So for customer wanting to elevate them, there is no longer the worry about downward arrow clearance.

Name:	blind and tower 2.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	25209769

Name:	blind and tower 3.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	25209770

9. No water or rain in the blind. This one was hit or miss before. I dont get water in my older blinds, but I sealed them pretty good. Some people said that theirs leaked. The old style windows were great windows, but due to their type of assembly on my previous blind, they could allow rain in if the rains came in sideways and reached the glass. I have fixed every issue with the recessed window as well as the deluxe style window. NO water is getting in these blinds.

10. Rear Door Overhang. This comes into play when dealing with heavy rains. No rain is getting in this door. See pictures above for changes..

I am up and running. Blinds have been poured and test fitted and jigs made for perfect cuts so that assembly is as clean as possible.

Name:	blinds lots.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	25209771

If you have any questions please call, Text, email me and I will be glad to go over anything I might have missed. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Thanks
    Mitch Krivokucha
    Krivoman Outdoors
    512-762-4080

And for the people who did not read all that, that's ok. Just enjoy the pictures of one heck of a Deer blind in a price point that is really hard to compete with when comparing apples to apples.

Man I love this stuff..
    Last edited by Krivoman; 04-22-2020, 05:01 PM.

Sorry you had so much trouble with lazy losers copying your blind. All of my blinds were made by you and all future blinds will be purchased from you. I love the new design Mitch. Great job.

Comment

You just drove a 5' sword thru the heart of any competition! I've been waiting to see them. Those are allsome. Buying a couple as soon as I find a place to hunt.

Comment

Congratulations Mitch! I love stories of taking an idea and turning it into a working product.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          You just drove a 5' sword thru the heart of any competition! I've been waiting to see them. Those are allsome. Buying a couple as soon as I find a place to hunt.
          Love this post!! This it is exactly where my brain and heart was during this whole process. Thanks for noticing.

Comment

Really nice upgrades Mitch!!!!!

Comment

These are bad @$$ Mitch! I’ll be buying a new model for sure!! Congrats on the accomplishment!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Man, those look great! Love the upgrades and your efforts to protect your work product and IP! May not be your end goal, but wouldn't be surprised if someone comes calling to buy you out one day. Great stuff!

Comment

I'm loving mine

Comment

We have 7 that we bought from you probably 10 years ago. Never an issue with a single one of them, so no need for a new one. Congratulations and you make a Great product.

Comment

Congrats, the updates look great!

I’ve hunted out of the ‘old’ version and thought they were the cats meow. Someday I’ll own a couple.

Comment

When will the new blinds be available?

Comment

Great looking blinds and I really like the changes you made.

Comment

Looks Great Mitch!

Comment

I've been eyeing one of these for a while. Maybe this year.

Any comments from recurve shooters?

Comment

Working...
                              X