My sons BIG bow boar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sons BIG bow boar

Caden is now 12 years old and has been bow hunting since he got his bow for his 9th birthday. He has shot deer, hogs, turkeys, coons, and other things but he just couldn’t close the deal on a BIG boar, well tonight that changed. He has seen big mature boars while hunting but could never get the perfect shot quartering away in the armpit and has had to let them walk. His draw length is only 24 inches but he does pull 55 lbs.

Tonight we were hog hunting and knew there were some good hogs coming in but he knows how difficult it is to connect with one in the dark and was going for a sow. So we set up in the stand, I threw a little corn closer to the stand to make for an easier shot and right after dark here come the hogs, there were 2 mature boars and 3 good sized sows and some babies. The hogs start eating and one of the boars is working it’s way towards us so we start to wonder if tonight would be the night to connect with a big boar. After about 20 minutes the boar is on the pile of corn I put out. Caden is shaking with “hog fever” knowing that this might happen. Well after a few minutes the hog gave him the shot, Caden drew his bow and I put the red light on it and seconds later the arrow is loose, the hog squeals and takes off like it’s shot out of a cannon across the field. After about 30 yds it slams into a barbed wire fence I think “well that’s good” but it keeps running and takes a hard right and slams into another barbed wire fence and I think “well that’s a long run bit at least it’s not running very good”. Then we hear the flopping and groaning and know that it’s over. Caden is shaking with excitement and I’m very proud of what just happened. He practices all the time so that when the time comes he is ready and tonight it all came together for him on his first big hog.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hog smacker; 11-29-2018, 11:01 PM.

Congrats to him!

Comment

Freakin awesome! Something to be proud of.

Comment

Awesome. congrats!

Comment

Wow. Pig is bigger than he is.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Big sucker! Nice shootin'!

Comment

Da n g thats a big pig. Good job!

Comment

Wow

Comment

Great Job!!!
                    Congrats...

Just out of curiosity what is his draw weight? My 12 year old daughter is pulling 38# and was wondering if that was good for a big pig. Thx

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats young man!

Comment

Congrats to the young man.

Comment

Nice pig! I have killed a lot more deer than hogs with a bow. You aren't getting past that nose! Not to mention the big boars got that way for a reason!

Comment

Nice!!!!

Comment

Congrats to both of you. Sounds like a memorable hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X