No announcement yet.

I think churches should be packed this Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s not being said is how certain hospitals require the COVID patient to be placed on a DNR, not matter the age. How EMS protocols have greatly changed to protect first responders, but the outcome of patients could be drastically changed.

Just because your immune system can fight it doesn’t mean you won’t spread it to people’s who immune system cannot fight it. Remember- you shed the virus days before becoming symptomatic. Even though lots want to compare this to influenza, this is not the flu, it’s deadlier than the flu and more contagious.

I sincerely hope none of you or your families become sick, I hope Texas can stay in the green and not face the same challenges other states / cities have been. I’ve heard of very sick patients from my response area that we pick up from their homes, I’ve read the first hand accounts from nurses and paramedics up north. It sounds terrible.

But ok, maybe it’s all a sham and the wool is being pulled over our eyes....

Hopefully soon we will be on the downhill slide and life can return to normal. Good weekend to all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
      I can’t contest to the amount in the hospitals since I’m not attached to one, but I was on a covid floor last week for a short amount of time and it was full. Most hospitals have multiple covid floors/ sections and people are real sick.

Me personally I have had a few suspected, system wide my agency had ran lots of suspected and confirmed.

I primarily listen to what my medical director suggests, not necessarily media etc. Thankfully we have it in Texas nothing like some of the northern states do. Just cause your not seeing it on your door step right now, doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

How do you explain, even in Dallas County all of the unused beds and ventilators if it’s as bad as the media is portraying?

My wife is in health care. It is something to be concerned about for elderly and immune compromised folks but not to the level of stupidity that is currently
      going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        How do you explain, even in Dallas County all of the unused beds and ventilators if it’s as bad as the media is portraying?

My wife is in health care. It is something to be concerned about for elderly and immune compromised folks but not to the level of stupidity that is currently
        going on.

I know nothing about Dallas County, nor do I know anything about unused beds or ventilators in Dallas County, or any county for that matter as I was only in 1 covid ward dropping a patient off and I typically only see the ER of the hospitals I transport to. Where did you see stuff about unused beds or ventilators?

It’s really something for all to be concerned, not just elderly and immune compromised. I do believe there is more that we are not being told by hospitals. From the data I have read, so far 8% or 13% or so confirmed require some sort of hospitalization, with the average stay being something like 10-13 days or so. I think it was 20% of those required hospitalization needed high level ICU care. Sure - elderly and people with previous medical issues are at higher risks, but many perfectly healthy people have been very sick and died. No, I don’t have stats or saved articles on hand so believe what you will! I also don’t remember exact numbers but it was fairly high.

But you are right, there is a whole lot of stupidity out there!

Yes I do think this was blown way out of proportion by the media. I’m just like y’all, I love my freedoms and I celebrate them any chance I get. I hope this blows over soon! But I do fear huge gatherings right now would have bad consequences. I think Abbott is releasing some plan to slowly get things back to normal???

Comment

So have all of the muslim mosques been shutdown too or is it just the Christian Churches...
          Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
            I know nothing about Dallas County, nor do I know anything about unused beds or ventilators in Dallas County, or any county for that matter as I was only in 1 covid ward dropping a patient off and I typically only see the ER of the hospitals I transport to. Where did you see stuff about unused beds or ventilators?

It’s really something for all to be concerned, not just elderly and immune compromised. I do believe there is more that we are not being told by hospitals. From the data I have read, so far 8% or 13% or so confirmed require some sort of hospitalization, with the average stay being something like 10-13 days or so. I think it was 20% of those required hospitalization needed high level ICU care. Sure - elderly and people with previous medical issues are at higher risks, but many perfectly healthy people have been very sick and died. No, I don’t have stats or saved articles on hand so believe what you will! I also don’t remember exact numbers but it was fairly high.

But you are right, there is a whole lot of stupidity out there!

Yes I do think this was blown way out of proportion by the media. I’m just like y’all, I love my freedoms and I celebrate them any chance I get. I hope this blows over soon! But I do fear huge gatherings right now would have bad consequences. I think Abbott is releasing some plan to slowly get things back to normal???

My wife lives it 5 days a week. We are being lied to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              My wife lives it 5 days a week. We are being lied to.

Totally! My wife works 7 on 7 off... Only now she has been furloughed ond day out of every shift from lack of work... She's in the OR in a trauma center. Their ICU beds are at 30-35% as of last night when she ended her shift... Dr's. and patients alike are furious because of the cancellation of all "elective" surgeries. Also, since there's little traffic, not many car accidents coming into the trauma center. Not many gunshots, stabbings, and really not many overdoses either... What they are seeing as far as trauma cases is from folks falling off ladders, falling off roofs, injuries from power tools and such... Dang little have anything to do with CV-19.

Comment

The Justice Department (DOJ) may take action next week against local governments that have cracked down on religious services as widespread parts of the country are shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic, a DOJ spokesperson said Saturday.

The state Supreme Court of Kansas ruled Saturday night in favor of Gov. Laura Kelly, a Democrat whose recent order limiting religious gatherings to 10 people because of the coronavirus outbreak was overturned by a GOP-led panel of state lawmakers, local media reported.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  . Dr's. and patients alike are furious because of the cancellation of all "elective" surgeries. Also, since there's little traffic, not many car accidents coming into the trauma center. Not many gunshots, stabbings, and really not many overdoses either... What they are seeing as far as trauma cases is from folks falling off ladders, falling off roofs, injuries from power tools and such... Dang little have anything to do with CV-19.
                  Slick, Sorry about your wife losing a day of work every 2 weeks, The rest though does not sound like a bad thing. Yall, try and be careful on those ladders and roofs. and
                  Have a blessed Easter

Comment

Just need to have two services, the elderly together go first, then everyone else. Every congregation has 3 pews full of widowed women, it would be kinda nasty if they all got infected together. My two cents. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      Just need to have two services, the elderly together go first, then everyone else. Every congregation has 3 pews full of widowed women, it would be kinda nasty if they all got infected together. My two cents. Carry on
                      Grocery stores are doing this, elderly and pregnant (don’t take that the wrong way), but this is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                        I can have the opinion that it is selfish for her to go, because her time on this earth is limited, very limited. Where is the irony???
                        That you want her to spend her limited final moments on earth the way YOU want them spent, not how she wants to spend them. That’s pretty much the very definition of selfish, to expect someone else to spend THEIR limited resources the way YOU want them to spend it
                        Last edited by Playa; 04-12-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Well, we found a church to go to this morning. Church down the road has a big parking lot. Went there to let the kids ride bikes, cause it was the emptiest parking lot around.... on Easter

Comment

We had 112 cars and 350+ people at our Drive in Church today. Everyone stayed in their cars. Instead of saying "Amen" they honked. It was great.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                              I read that liquor stores are open to keep alcoholics from detoxing.

Correct. This was an issue early in the epidemic. China and Europe both had hospitals get slammed with alcoholism related seizures and delirium tremens.

Comment

The thing that makes this country special is the liberty that is essential to its foundation. The government doesn’t have to right to restrict it without due cause. But it does have the right to govern behavior when it’s in the public interest. Bringing large groups together in the middle f a pandemic is not in the public interest. You can argue if the **** down is warranted or not, but you can’t argue that the government has the responsibility to of protecting the public. And they’ve determined that preventing the spread is the most pressing issue right now. I attended service online this morning. All of us around the breakfast table. It was a special time and I think we communed with God just fine, followed the rules, didn’t put anyone in danger. Win-win I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X